Chapter 8

Derek soon let me go without another word. I called Sophie and she quietly drove me home. She knew I was upset.

"Isla, did he hurt you?" She asked gently and I shook my head.

"No, he was perfect. He made me feel so good, better than any man's ever made me feel. It felt like he truly cared about me." I spoke as Isla sighed.

"You like him and you want more, right?" She asked and I nodded my head as I wiped my tears away. "Derek's a hard man to be with Isla. It's going to be really hard to get him to open up to you and accept you but it's not impossible."

"I don't want to even try. It's obvious he'll never want me more than just in a sexual way and I don't want to get my heart broken." I spoke as Isla parked outside my apartment building.

She pulled me into a hug and I let her hold me. "Honestly Isla, you're special. If I didn't want you with Derek so bad, I'd want to be with you myself." She spoke quietly and I pulled away in surprise. I could see the sudden want in her eyes.

"Maybe, we can be together." I spoke softly as she smiled and shook her head. "I don't settle down Isla and I don't plan to. You're the type of girl who'd expect me to be loyal to you. But I'm the type of girl who likes to be with many people. It wouldn't be fair to you and I hope you understand. And besides, I know you really like Derek and he likes you too."

"Well he doesn't truly want me in a relationship!" I exclaimed as I turned to her grabbing her hand. "And you don't have to be with me in a serious relationship either. I just want you to teach me pleasure and sex as friends. You suggested it yourself." I spoke as she looked troubled.

"You're upset right now." She spoke and I shook my head and grabbed her hands, placing one on my chest and the other on my hips.

"Touch me, Sophie." I spoke softly as I noticed her lips part and her eyes rake my body in desire. She didn't respond for a few long moments before she seemed to give in.

"I'm just going to kiss you okay." She spoke as I nodded my head. She leaned over and pressed her lips softly against mine. She was hesitant and gentle as she kissed me slowly. She pulled me in for a hug as she pulled away from my lips, gently kissing down my neck. I relaxed in her hold, feeling much better suddenly as she kissed me all the way down. She kissed along the length of my collarbones before slightly pulling my dress down. She then kissed all the way down to the top of my chest before pulling away.

I had my eyes closed and I didn't want to open them yet. "Isla, are you okay?" Sophie asked softly and I nodded, finally opening my eyes. I smiled at her and she sighed out in relief, shooting me a smile back.

"I feel much better, Sophie." I spoke as I squeezed her hand. "Thank you." I spoke.

"I didn't do anything." She laughed and I smiled.

"You brought me home and you were here for me when I really needed a friend." I spoke as I hugged her and she hugged back.

"I'll always be here for you Isla." She spoke with a smile. "Except, I'm not sure how Derek would feel about me kissing the girl he likes." We both laughed at that before I rolled my eyes.

"First of all, he doesn't like me. He doesn't even know me! And second, it's none of Derek's business whether I kiss you or anyone else. And besides, we're both only friends. But he doesn't need to know that." I spoke with a grin which she matched.

I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before saying goodnight and leaving to walk to my apartment.

I jumped into the shower instantly, feeling really tired. I really needed a warm shower to relax. I closed my eyes as the warm water fell against my body.