Chapter 10

"You sure you don't want to spend the night?" I asked, knowing I sounded full on needy but I didn't care.

"I'd love to but I have to go home and cook dinner or else Derek will go hungry." She laughed as she suddenly peeked my interest.

"You live with Derek?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"And before you get any weird ideas, Derek's like a brother to me. We don't do anything sexual together ever." She spoke causing me to nod my head.

I wanted to go over to her house tomorrow but I wasn't sure it was a such a good idea if Derek lived there. As if reading my thoughts, Stella spoke up. "Please don't let Derek be the reason you don't come for dinner tomorrow. I'd really like for you to show up. And besides, I'm an amazing cook!" She exclaimed causing me to nod my head, promising I'd show up.

I had wanted to touch and kiss her again like I did today but I wasn't sure I could if Derek was going to be in the house. I sighed as I kissed her lips goodbye before she left.

I leaned against the shut door, closing my eyes, wondering what I was really getting myself into. What would my parents say if they found out what I was doing?

****
The next morning I was out getting coffee when I felt a tall figure stand beside me. My heart started pounding as I hoped it was Derek. I looked up and to my satisfaction, it really was him.

He paid the cashier for my coffee before ordering two multi-cheese bagels. "You need more than just coffee for breakfast." He stated calmly as he handed me one of the bagels once it was ready.

"I don't need you to tell me what to eat and not to eat." I claimed tersely before walking away. But before I could get too far, he grabbed my arm pulling me gently back so I wouldn't spill my coffee. He grabbed the cup out of my hand and set it on the counter beside us.

"I would appreciate a thank you." He growled in my ears causing a shiver to run down my spine.

"Thank you." I whispered out, just as he let go of me. I felt uncomfortable as I realized people were staring at us and I was annoyed that he had coaxed those words out of me within a single moment.

"I hear Sophie spent the evening with you." He spoke and I nodded my head, taking a small sip of my warm coffee. "I could smell you all over her." He spoke as he watched me drink my coffee. "What were you two up to?"

"Why do you care?" I retorted as I turned around to walk away, but he yet again stopped me.

"Why are you acting as if you hate me and want to be out of my presence? Did I do something wrong?" He asked sounding angry suddenly. I stayed quiet not knowing what to say as he let out another frustrated growl. "So you have no problem spreading your legs for Sophie but when you do it for me, you begin ignoring me?" He spoke so loudly, everyone turned to look at us.

I gasped in embarrassment and angrily left the coffee shop. I couldn't believe he wanted to start a scene in a small coffee shop of all places. "Why do you care so much?" I exclaimed angrily as I walked away from him, knowing he was following right behind me.

"Are you still mad that I didn't hire you?" He questioned, completely ignoring my question. "Because if I recall correctly, you hated being with those clients."

"Not all the clients." I blurted out before my eyes widened realizing what I said. I froze and Derek stood beside me, watching me with curious eyes.

"Which client did you enjoy?" He asked cautiously as I stayed frozen.

You.

I didn't dare say it to him but I really did enjoy every second with him. I just didn't want to fall for him and have my heart broken. But I couldn't necessarily tell him that. And I honestly didn't know him at all, I had no idea what kind of person he really was.