Of faces and love.

" There is one week until you two get married and, you two have yet to pick out food," Lan Xichen said; his tone was slightly raised like he was trying to stay composed entirely.

" Food is food," Lan Zhan said. He and Wei Ying had decided they didn't want anything big or extravagant. No, instead, they just wanted to get married finally.

Guests would start arriving later this week. That meant that Wei Ying was beginning to have to spend more time alone in the jingshi. One of these days, Lan Sizhui came to talk to his dads. But only Wei Ying was inside.

" How did you know that Second young master was the one," Sizhui asked, sounding a little bit nervous. Wei Ying's eyes were bright as he looked at A-Yaun.

" Well, the first time we met was...Well, it certainly was something. I was coming up for classes when our clan forgot the invitation. At the time, Lan Zhan and I were both teenagers like you. Suddenly Second young master showed up, and his beauty truly was uncompilable. He was such a fuddy-duddy saying we couldn't come in and all. So that night I went to get the invitation, but when I got there, my clan was gone. I then found my way into the cloud, reassess climbing the wall. Then I was going to sit and enjoy my emperor's smile when the fuddy-duddy told me I couldn't. Then we fought," he said, and Sizhui's eyes grew as big as saucers. " You fought Haungan-Jun," he asked.

" Yes, and I won," Wei Ying said a bit cheekily. Sizhui could see why Lan Zhan had fallen in love with Wei Ying. He was playful and always kind.

" It was a tie, Wei Ying," a new voice said. They both turned, and Lan Zhan stood in the doorway. The faintest shadow of a smile ghosted his lips.

" No, I most definitely won... Your heart." Wei Ying said, laughing as soon as the words left his mouth. He threw his head back as he continued to laugh. Sizhui looked at his father fondly. It seemed as though he had not missed a day with him.

Lan Zhan just looked at Wei Ying.

" Lan Zhan loved Wei Ying, then and always," Lan Zhan said, stopping Wei Ying's chronic laughter.

" What," Wei Ying said, his eyes as big as Sizhui's had been moments ago.

Lan Sizhui decided when he fell in love, it should be like this. But Sizhui was already confident he was in love. He smiled as Lan Zhan wrapped his arms around Wei Ying.

" How did you know he was the one," Sizhui asked no one in particular.

" His smile," Lan Zhan said. Wei Ying's whole face went the color of his robe as he looked at Lan Zhan.

" I'm not sure. I just felt like I knew him," Wei Ying said. " So Jingyi, huh," Wei Ying said, and A-Yaun went red as a tomato.

" How did you know," A-Yuan asked, looking a bit miffed. Wei Ying shot him a thousand-watt smile with a cheeky wink.

"You and Lan Zhan have the same 'I love him, and he doesn't know' face." Wei Ying said. Lan Zhan cocked an eyebrow at Wei Ying.

" I agree. You look like you watched someone kick a puppy and then laugh," a new voice said. Lan Xichen walks in. He smiles at the look Lan Sizhui is giving him.

" Oh, I pay a little attention," Lan Xichen lies through his teeth. Lan Zhan had found the journal one day while looking for something.

" Oh, and Zewu-Jun makes the same face when Jin Guangyao is around," Wei Ying said, getting the closest thing to a scowl anyone could ever get out of a Lan.

" Wei Wuxian, I told you. You can call me Lan Xichen," he said.

To which Wei Ying responded, " Ah, ah, ah, I told you. You can call me Wei Ying, Zewu-Jun," he said, his head ducked as a small sign of respect.

" Fine, Wei Ying," Lan Xichen said. We Ying smiled.

" Thank you, first young master," Wei Ying teased. Lan Zhan watched with amused eyes while two of the three most important people in his life interacted fondly.

Things were going to turn out amazing; he knew it.

Authors note.Hello. How is everyone?? Hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. I know nothing about Chinese weddings, let alone ancient Chinese weddings, so in two chapters, when our wedding is set to commence, PLEASE bear with me. I have been doing a little research on it so that it will be semi-correct.Thank you for reading. Have a wonderful day. Please say safe.