Her

Her. That was always how she was addressed. Never was her name uttered, mostly because she never spoke it to many of the dwellers amongst the Surface. As much as she longed on the thoughts of getting along with others, never once did they make move to speak with her. As much as it shattered her heart to never have interaction outside of those who dwelt in the cloudy Heavens above. 

Faron. Eldin. Lanayru. What mighty beings those three were, and how easily they grew to trust and confide in her. It surprised her in the best sense when she learnt of their hard-earned faith being put into her for any task that may arise to meet the downfall of the highest of those on the Surface and in the clouds. This being was the one the woman felt the closest to amongst the clouds, the most powerful of the Others combined. Never did she speak to her as if she were a child of two years of age with no experience in the world and never did the other argue with her. For once, she felt at home in the clouds. With the four most wonderful creatures she had ever encountered in her time. And yet. . . It didn't feel enough. Not that she were meaning to feel in such a selfish manner, but it just happened for her from time to time. 

Moments would become boring for her to be speaking to the same four beings in one instance everyday. Just for once, she hoped the Surface people would not see her as an anomaly and more as a person. Or better yet, an entirely new set of faces that she could make her own impression upon in the best way possible. Even if it were only one, or even two. 

How quickly that sharp loneliness would change for our poor dear. 

"You mustn't dwell on such little things, my dear," the great Din would tell. "The ones on the Surface sorely lack your presence. They do not know what they are missing out on." 

Her eyes had drifted off to a nearby wall, smooth opal lining glinting from the sun's light. She had only just now began really listening to the other. "Hm? I doubt so. I just never understood the real reason to be avoided. I have no foreseeable power for them to be afeared of, and yet some turn the other way when I am seen in Faron. It just. . . ." She paused. 

Eldin's head tilts aside. " 'It just' what, dear?" 

She shook her head, a hand running through her hair. "Nothing. . . Just nothing." Her feet then began carrying her away from the ashy chambers of the Lava Lake in which Eldin lived. Quite fitting of a place for a flaming dragon. As it was fitting for the surrounding area of Eldin Volcano to be housing such a dragon. He truly was assigned well by Hylia. 

The young woman didn't quite feel at home here, but then again she never did anywhere for that matter. It wasn't some depressive behaviors that got in her way, don't get me wrong. She just... felt awkward around the Surface dwellers and wished for something more. Something more enticing. Something more fun. Something even dangerous. 

Whatever it was she wished for, she always said the same thing to herself. "What I want isn't real. It shan't ever happen." 

Her heartbeat would sound softly in her ears as she continued to walk the scorching paths of the fiery land. The young woman's mind was blank for the most part as she slid along the spinal paths across lava mounds, fed the Pyrups that would flee and spew their mouthful of fire at the sight of the nearest Mogma popping out of the soil, shaking the particles of sand and crusted dirt, or even take a joyful slide down the sandy slopes that would surround the temple. 

At least there were a few things she could do to pass the time here, but her mind began speaking again and her personal fun was spoiled yet again. To the Bird Statue by the temple she went, and upon touching it did she feel a soothing chill of wind rush her upward toward the sky. She at first allowed herself to stay momentarily airborne, but it didn't last as a white light would swirl about her form, rushing her even higher. Past the clouds below her, and up to her highest point she could ever go. 

The Heavens. 

Her fingers would grip tight onto the white sail cloth gifted to her by the Goddess, palms clammy from the Eldin heat against her skin. Hair whipped at her face as the glimmering light brought her to greater heights, soon dissipating to allow her to land on her own. One small leap for her humanity as her boots would touch the glistening floors of the Heavens. An opalescent sky all above and around her, her figure always leaving somewhat of a silhouette against the utter white surrounding the young woman. 

"So. . . You have come back again." 

The young woman felt her own head turn, as of unaware of its actions until they were already underway. With a short sigh did she nod toward the voice. "Yes, I have. I. . . Felt it was needed of me to be elsewhere. The people on the Surface can't seem to stand my presence, breaking of my heart as it is. Is there something wrong with me, Hylia?" 

"Wrong?" The voice would chuckle. "Of course not. There is nothing inhuman about you, dear Seraenia."