Chapter Three

I made the executive decision that Emma was too drunk to go home alone, so she would just have to stay the night at mine.

I dragged her inside with me, leading her to my bed room. My parents have meetings in Las Vegas at a fancy hotel every weekend, so I had the house to myself. Once we reached her room, I sat her down on the bed and threw some pajamas at her. I grabbed some for myself as well, turning to go change in the bathroom.

"Kriss!" Emma's voice stopped me from going any further. "I'm sorry I messed up our first party of the summer." She looked down, fiddling with her hands.

Even while drunk, Emma was the sweetest person I knew. "Don't worry, Emma. You didn't at all." I smiled to myself before going to change.

Once I came back to the room, Emma was in one of my oversized t-shirts, curled up on one side of my bed. I sighed and climbed into bed with her. It was almost three in the morning, way past the time I would usually go to bed. I was exhausted and couldn't wait to let sleep take over. Emma snuggled to my side and started to play with my hair, twirling it through her fingers. "Are you gonna tell me who that guy was now?" she asked, pouting her lips.

"I told you, when you've sobered up. You'll just have to wait for the morning." She just sighed, continuing to play with my hair as we both drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, I got out of bed before Emma, bringing her a glass of water and some pain medication for her hangover. I had a dozen messages from Cas, waiting to be answered. I smiled to myself as I read them.

caspsfacts:

Hey are you still awake? I just got to my cousin's place

Hello?

Ok you're probably sleeping, ttyl

Good morning!

Come on, I've been waiting to talk to you for forever!

Hey bimbo pick up the phone

krisspymemelord:

Well good morning to you too

Finally!

I set down my phone when I heard Emma's footsteps. She woke up soon after I had finished making us pancakes, groaning as she walked down the stairs. "Look who's finally up!" I teased.

"Yeah yeah, just give me some of those pancakes." I laughed and set two plates down on the table for us to eat.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like I got hit by a truck." She groaned, taking a bite of her pancake. I laughed and started to eat some off my plate as well.

"I don't even know how much you drank, you ditched me within the first five minutes of the party!" Emma snapped her head up, staring at me intently.

"That reminds me! You weren't so alone, were you?" a cheeky grin made its way across her face. I looked down at my pancakes as my cheeks began to heat up. "I knew you'd meet someone at our first party! Krissy tell me everything!"

"There's nothing to tell." I said, still not making eye contact.

"Oh really? From what I can remember, you two looked pretty snug on that patio."

I just swatted at her arm and continued to eat. I heard my phone buzz and I reached to pick it up, but Emma was faster.

"Hmm... who's Evan?" She said, cocking an eyebrow. My face heated up once again and I snatched my phone from her grip.