Crush

It has been years since you were able to visit your grandparents and this summer you decided to move to your grandparents as they are growing old and you want to stay by their side. You arrived at Sendai station and there are adverts about an incoming game of Adlers for that same day. You decided to watch a little of the game and before it gets dark you will go to your grandfather's place or probably a hotel if you change your mind.

You went to Kamei Arena and secured a seat to watch the game. You also have a rice ball on your hand. The players are coming into the court and you see a familiar face. Wakatoshi Ushijima, an alumni of Shiratorizawa. You know more than any other people that your grandfather favors tall people and you have the same idea that tall people are so much better.

You had a crush on Ushijima before and all of your exes are as tall as him or taller than you. Seeing him on the court makes you think that he is so hot and you just want to talk to him but you are a shy 5'1 girl. You never had the confidence to talk to people unless they talk to you first. You let out a big sigh and a hand laid on your shoulder.

"What is with a big sigh?" Someone said behind your back.

"I can never get a chance to talk to Ushijima even in high school." You replied with a frown.

"Then we should try to invite him for lunch or dinner sometime." Said by the person behind you.

You got confused and turned around. To your surprise it was your grandfather. You jumped up and hugged him. He was actually able to spot you quickly and wanted to surprise you but he got surprised that you never tried to talk to ushijima when you can talk to literally anybody. At the court Ushijima felt a weird presence and he looked at the audience and saw you and your grandfather. He was not sure if it's really you in the audience or not, but he is in the middle of a match and cannot lose his focus.

You watched the game with your grandfather and after the match you wanted to buy a shirt after the game. While you picked out some shirts, your grandfather went to the restroom and while walking he bumped into Ushijima. He invited Ushijima to visit them. Ushijima agreed to visit whenever he is free. When your grandfather was back, you went home.

"Tadaima!" You greeted, your grandmother

"Welcome home! Y/N-chan" Grandmother replied with a smile.

The next few days you spend time with your grandmother and go out to shop for some personal things you wanted to be in your room. There was a store near Shiratorizawa Academy that had some cute stuffed animals you wanted to check. You went in the store and looked for the eagle mascot of Shiratorizawa. When you are about to grab the last stock on the shelf, you can't reach it since it is at the top rack. After a few minutes trying to reach the stuffed toy you wanted to give up.

Suddenly, when you looked back up at the rack the Stuff toy was not there anymore. You got so upset and wanted to cry but a hand holding the stuffed toy reachout to you. You took the stuffed animal with a glimmer in your eyes. When you are about to thank the person you were ecstatic. It was Ushijima. You quickly covered your face with the stuffed toy.

"Uhm? Are you okay?" Ushijima asked in confusion.

"Yes, I-I'm okay. Thank you for this." You replied covering your face.

"Y/N, right? Why are you covering your face?" Ushijima asked while trying to peek at your face.

"Yes, How did you know my name?" You replied peeking out behind the stuffed toy.

"You're Washijou coach's granddaughter right?" Ushijima asked.

"Yes, I'm sorry for the trouble and thank you." You replied, averting your eyes.