Ch. 1.5

The man's PoV

Caawww. I scratched Min's breast who sat atop of my head as I made the short walk home. "Yes, I know Min, he is a funny little guy."

Caaww. "Heh, you thought so too?" I smiled to myself before coughing into my scarf. Oh no, don't tell me. Sniffling, I groaned. I'm gonna have to pop some cold medicine once I get home. 

Upon entering my house, it was dark so I turned the lights on. Sis must be working overtime at the hospital again. After pulling off my shoes and coat, I padded my way to the fridge to reheat some leftover rice and fish. I also placed the meat bun Shorty gave me in the fridge for lunch tomorrow. Generally, I'm the one who does all the cooking since sis is busy with work most of the time. And I'm a damn good cook might I add. 

Min hopped off my head to gobble up a piece of meat I grabbed from the fridge. Watching her eat, I reminiscent of the time I rescued her as a chick. She broke her wing after falling from a nest and her mother abandoned her. A tragic story like that needs a hero, and that's where I came in. It was only a couple of years ago that I picked her up took care of her. We've been inseparable since. Sometimes she's too clever for her own good and would get into the cupboards for a snack or sneak into school to watch over me. 

But I love her for it. 

Karasuno huh? Although I officially start tomorrow, I've already been meeting with their dance team. Apparently I've already made a name for myself amongst them through my YouTube videos, so getting a spot as the lead dancer was as easy as asking. I guess I'm pretty well known for my hip hop and freestyle choreography. The publicity never bothered me nor inflate my humble ego. I'm just happy to inspire and bring joy to people doing what I love. It brings pretty good money too. 

I cleaned my bowls and placed them in the drying wrack. My head was starting to ache a little by the time I got to the bathroom for the medicine cabinet. I hope this doesn't develop into a fever. 

After flopping into bed, I whistled a little tune and watched as Min bobbed her body to the rhythm. I wonder if that shorty liked to dance. 

Oh. I forgot to ask for his name.

He said he's a volleyball player - an amazing libero at that. I guess that was his best option because of his height, but still, it was an important job being the guardian of the court. At least that's what one of my libero friends back in Korea called himself. It was fitting though. A good libero keeps the ball in the air. A great one would jump out the window for it. I have a feeling Shorty was just the guy to do that. 

His style was interesting, spiking his hair up presumably to make himself look taller, or maybe that's just his fashion sense. I chuckled to myself; it suited him nicely. I really like the odd little streak of blond he had. And that boisterous personality - it was quite endearing watching him become excited over small things. 

I looked over to Min who was already sleeping soundly on a fake tree branch in my room. Sis probably won't be back until 3 AM, but I always cook extra food considering both our busy schedules. Sighing, I rubbed my temples to dull the ache in my head. I hated getting sick, but I'd rather get sick in his place. 

I combed my fingers through my messy hair. Maybe I'll see him again at school tomorrow.