High School Roses

A/N: I wrote this for a online college class, so I had to follow the guidelines of no cussing. Also, I know I use the obsolete version of some words, like: colour, seniour, rumour, favourite, and other words. That's how I was raised, so if you don't like it, my bad.There are suggestions of suicide, cutting, and depression. You were warned. Anyways, let's get onto the short story...

High school, a time where the roses of life have fully developed, bloomed... and then, slowly, ever so slowly, start to wither away. Each rose falling apart petal by petal. Scarlett Luna possessed five of the roses. The dark and deep red rose was her boyfriend, Landon Hunter, who she loved so much. The bright joyous pink rose was her dog, Hudson. The warm bold orange rose was for her intense passion for music, especially drumline. The brilliant golden yellow rose was her best friend, Hazel Skylar, who she spent every breath with. The snowy pale white rose was her innocence and pureness.

Scarlett Luna woke up, hazily, not wanting to go to school. She sat up and looked around her pale blue average sized bedroom, which had one window that led to a balcony overlooking the small luscious forest behind her house. She slowly got out of bed as her small porcelain feet touched the stone cold ground. She groggily walked over to her closet and grabbed her outfit of choice. It consisted of a deep, dark violet tank top, torn jet black skinny jeans, blood red vans, and her signature pitch black tight fitted leather jacket. After she got dressed, she walked over to her small brown desk and opened the dark velvety purple jewelry box. She picked out a lacy black choker, a metal broken heart ring, and an ocean blue jeweled ring. She, then, focused on her makeup routine, consisting of a natural blend of makeup. Next, she brushed her long, wavy, red brown hair into a high ponytail.

After that, she grabbed her bags and got into her dark sky blue Chevy Camaro. She drove to school and perfectly parked in the spot labelled seniour parking. She got out and put her backpack over one shoulder walking into the huge brick building of school. Her school was a three story building, that was very well organized. "Hey babe." "Hey, Landon," Scarlett said, smiling. Every time she saw Landon, her heart skipped a beat and her face heated to a dark pink blush. Landon had emerald green eyes, short black hair, usually slicked back, and usually wore the same style of clothing. His typical clothing consisted of a dark black short sleeved shirt, faded blue jeans, black Harley Davidson biker boots, and his jet black leather jacket. "You look so beautiful today." She continued smiling, she couldn't resist it; he was so cute and hot.

Then, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her in a hug form. She knew exactly who this was. "Hey, Hazel." "Aw, how'd you know?" Scarlett rolled her eyes, playfully, "Because you're the only person I talk to in school, so who else would it be?" "Fair," she said, as she looked at Landon, smiling shyly. She looked between them, confused, but ignored the uncomfortable feeling that immerged from her stomach. "You guys ready for Physics?" They broke eye contact with each other as they looked at Scarlett. That's when Scarlett noticed the outfit she was wearing. Her outfit was a yellow sun dress with matching yellow high heels, and she had the leather jacket on Scarlett gave her for her 17th birthday last year. "Hey..." The bell rang as it interrupted their conversation. Scarlett kissed Landon as they all walked to Physics class.

After school, Scarlett finished her last block class, Pre-calculus, when she saw Landon and Hazel holding hands. Scarlett wasn't one to jump to conclusions, so she thought nothing of it, even though it did still bothered her. She stayed hidden as she walked to practice drumline, she played snare and she was considered the best drummer in the band. She spent most of her time practicing, perfecting every drum cadences the teacher gave her, easily. Her biggest flaw was she missed a lot of drumline days because sometimes she just didn't feel like going. Drumline practice was how every drumline practice usually went. Practice, a few breaks, pushups, and more practice. Afterwards, the teacher pulled her aside, and the teachers words would stick with her, replaying like a broken record, "If you miss another day, you're off drumline." Scarlett was speechless. She never thought her seniour year, she had the possibility of getting kicked off drumline because of attendance.