Chapter 3: A Storm

(A/N): Woah, me actually getting around to rewriting this chapter? Sounds fake. The beginning half is the same but the end half is different, setting up for a good chapter from Danny's P.O.V next. It'll be fun to write and hopefully fun to read, but for now enjoy this. It's half old and half new so the writing style probably shifts in the end but i don't think it's too bad.

The rest of the day was dreadful. You constantly felt eyes glued to you, watching your every move. You cleaned your house a little, making your bed, folding your laundry, and then took a short 20 minute nap. When you woke up, the stalker's empty plate was set on the kitchen counter with a note reading 'Thanks honey!'. You stood still and stared for a moment. Was he a stalker? You hadn't seen him, and you were more observant than most. You hadn't heard anything around your house other than the purposeful sounds from yesterday, and you haven't noticed any familiar faces appearing everywhere you went. Maybe this was some sort of paranormal problem? This guy had said he's 'everywhere and nowhere, all at once', like the wind and the air around you. Maybe he was a ghost, and not the infamous Ghost Face. Ironic, huh? You jumped every time your phone buzzed or rang, paranoid it would be another text from your 'secret admirer', but he didn't actually contact you at all the rest of the night. It wasn't until you had slept and awoken the next morning that you knew he was still going to contact you. Waking to a text message as vague as the one he had sent, the one simply saying 'See you later' was not exactly how you wanted to start your day. At least you didn't feel like you were being watched all morning, leaving you to shower, head out and buy groceries, and watch an episode or two of your favourite TV show while eating breakfast in peace and privacy. It was 2 o'clock sharp when your phone began to ring, and you'd honestly forgotten about the ghost until it did.

Hesitant, you picked up your phone and accepted the call from the unknown number, putting your phone on speaker.

"Hello?" you ask, trying to continue on with cleaning the dishes as you spoke. Water ran from the tap, splashing over your hands.

"Good day, sweetheart," the ghost stalker purrs nonchalantly, making you shiver. You could feel him watching you, eyes burning into your back.

"Are you watching me?" you ask stupidly, desperate to confirm your suspicions, hopefully banishing the thought that you might just be paranoid.

"I told you I'd see you later, didn't I?" the man's responses were always short and vague. That was obnoxious. "Now, what's for lunch hon?" you smile nervously at the nickname, not as disturbed by it as you probably should be.

"I dunno. You can pick if I can ask you a question, one you have to answer honestly." you attempt a bargain, and the dark chuckle on the other end tells you how crazy this person probably is.

"You're fun. I like your personality, so I'll crack a deal this once. I see you bought stuff for hamburgers? I could go for something like that." you furrow your eyebrows as an odd sound is transmitted through the phone. It reminds you of... maybe falling sand? Or some sort of water?

"Hamburgers it is, then." you could go for burgers too, honestly. You shut off the faucet, hoping to hear the sound from the other end better- it stops. Ah, the sound had been the faucet. He's nearby. Terrifying.

"Now, what was your question for me, (Y/N)?" the guy says, and you hear shuffling from the other end. You open your mouth to speak, then hear how stupid your question really is, but you force it out anyway, cringing.

"Are you a ghost or something?" The man on the other end chuckles, and you burn with humiliation, needing to explain your reasoning for such a silly ask, "I'm an observant person, I'm always looking around and I haven't noticed any signs of a stalker in public or around my own home!" you pluck your phone from the counter and pace back and forth. The man hums.