fear

Weeks had gone by, and the security at the Corleone's house was more strong than before.

Aurora would spend her days chatting mostly with Sandra, while she would help her with the kids as well since she had no one else to talk to.

She didn't see Michael as often as she wanted to since he would spend his days with Sonny and Tom mostly, and as much as she wished he could be with her, she understood him.

After talking about it for a few days, they decided to tell his mom about their relationship.

"Aren't you nervous?" she asked as they walked to the garden where Carmela was picking a few roses. After sonny told her she couldn't go to the hospital as often as she wanted to visit Vito, every day she would recollect flowers so she would get them to him on Sundays since that was day she could go.

"Of course no, she loves you more than she loves connie" He stated. She rolled her eyes and didn't say a word as they approached his mom "Mama, how are you?"

"Good, look at these beautiful roses I just got for your father... he'll love them" she said smiling "Ooh, hi darling" Aurora smiled at her.

"Mom... we want to talk to you about something" Michael started.

"Sure, let's take a walk" Carmela said.

"Well... to start off, I want to tell you how much this family means to me, you've been like a mother for me, Carmela, and I would never thank you enough for the way you've treated me since I was little, you, and of course, my godfather" aurora stated as Michael squeezed her hand, with a smile on his face.

"You don't have to, darling. You've been a wonderful daughter to me, after all, Genco was our dear brother, someone who started all of this with Vito, and our most loyal person" Carmela added smiling.

"Mom... I've loved aurora ever since I was a child, and I want you to know, she's the most important person in my life, that's why I asked her to be my girlfriend... after all these years being away from home I figured out that my feelings towards her never changed" Michael said as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

Carmela didn't had to say a word, as her face spoke for her. She kissed Michael, and then, hugged the daughter of his husband's best friend.

"I've known for a long time" she said with her hand caressing her son's cheeks "The eyes Michael, they never lie" she stated "I'm happy for the both of you... there's no one else who's better for my son than you, my darling" she kissed her cheeks, smiling softly at her "We can tell your father tomorrow when I visit him".

Aurora couldn't hide her happiness, she was overman as she didn't think Carmela would say all that.

"Sure, mama... thanks" he said smiling "We'll meet you inside the house for breakfast".

"Go on!" Michael kissed her as they walked to the house.

He was happy, all he had ever wanted was right there in his arms.

As they entered the house, they went to the kitchen table where Sonny, Sandra, Theresa, Tom, Connie, Carlo and Fredi were seating.

"Good morning guys" she said seating next to Sandra.

"Is there you wanna tell us, Mike?" Sonny asked with a smirk. He knew they were dating, aurora couldn't help it but to tell him the next day since she had always been close to Santino.

"Aurora is my girlfriend" he said smiling at her.

"Don't you guys think we haven't notice?" Connie replied laughing "I'm so happy for you both, it has always been obvious".