Do You Have a Few Minutes?

1.5 hours before Jongho arrived the hospital

"Doctor Kang! She woke up!"

"Who?"

"The woman who came in last night - the car crash--"

Yunho woke to a start by a sudden flood of fluorescent lights that blinded him through his closed eyelids. His neck was stiff, his legs numb. Without realizing it, he had fell asleep outside the ICU in a sitting position.

His vision cleared just in time to witness a doctor and a nurse walk into the ICU. He scrambled to his feet, trying to follow, but was barred by another nurse.

"Sir, are you a family or relative?"

"Please, is Mrs. Lee awake?"

"Sorry, sir. Unless you're a family member--"

The doctor came out with an urgent look in his eyes. He fixed his gaze on Yunho. "How are you related to Mrs. Lee?"

"I- I'm her son, Jongho's, friend." Somehow, that word tasted sour in his throat. "Please, let me in."

The doctor hesitated, sharing a look with the nurses. Then, he stepped to the side. "Only for a few minutes. We have to move her to the normal wards as soon as possible."

"Thank you!" Yunho pushed past the nurses and sped down the hallway. Through the windows on his side, he found Jongho's mother, eyes open and full of vigor. Some nurses were asking her questions and preparing for the move of her bed.

Yunho tapped on the glass lightly, and she turned her head. Upon recognizing his face, she smiled, and even though he couldn't hear her, he knew she was calling his name.

Yunho couldn't believe it. Just a simple prayer, and his wish came true? Was it coincidence?

As he followed the doctors and nurses into a new room for Jongho's mother, a feeling of dread grew inside of him. For whenever his wishes came true, something bad always came with it.

✧ ✦ ✧

"San, how are you feeling this morning?" The doctor seemed oblivious to Hongjoong's concerned face and walked up to the foot of the bed with his clipboard ready.

San looked back and forth between his friends before coming to his senses. "Oh, hi, doctor. Yeah, I'm feeling great. I wanted to go out for a walk, too."

"Good. I'll check on you again in the afternoon. Remember to take your medicine. Depending on your situation, you'll be discharged tonight or early tomorrow."

With that, the doctor was gone.

"Wooyoung, you were here all night, right? Did you see Seonghwa leave?" Hongjoong continued to panic.

"Don't worry so much, Hongjoong," San moved himself to the couch and helped Hongjoong sit. "Maybe he just lost his phone or something."

"I think Seonghwa was still here when I fell asleep, so I have no idea what time he left," Wooyoung replied. When he saw the deep lines between Hongjoong's eyebrows, he added, "if you're so worried, we can call his home, ask if he's there?"

"Yes, let's do that." Hongjoong took his phone out, only to realize he didn't have the contact of any of Seonghwa's family members. Both San and Wooyoung shook their heads.

At that moment, Yeosang walked in. "Hey, guys. I couldn't make Mingi to come. He's sleeping in." He noticed everyone's frowns and distress. "What's wrong?"

San made a quick summary, and Yeosang, fortunately, replied with some good news. "Yunho has Seonghwa's brother's phone number."

They called Yunho, and immediately headed to the ICU when they learnt that he stayed all night, too.