Chapter 6: the devil went down to georgia

(Witch!Ryan and Demon!Shane because why not, also I am a witch so sorry if I use confusing words lol)

Ryan settled down on the floor of his room, quietly lighting 4 candles and setting them in a box shape. Inside he made a pentacle with black salt and put some herbs and crystals around. He pulled out his Grimore.

"Ok....." he flipped through the pages. This was the first time he was trying a summoning spell, although being advanced in most other things, he didn't do this often. Just knowing ghosts exist scared him, he didn't want to see one.

He slowly read over the spell, repeating the chant in his mind a few time so he remembered it, before setting the leather book open to the side and shutting his eyes. He meditated, breathing evenly and thinking of his intentions, before starting the chant out loud.

Once he finished the opened his eyes and looked in front of him. Legs, he saw legs. His eyes trailed up, and up, and up, and there stood a quite handsome man, he had messy brown hair and this adorably confused look on his face. And then Ryan realized, wait, this is what he tried to summon.

"You're not what I wanted." The man looked down at him and a offended look crossed his face.

"I- ouch."

Earlier that day: Shane's POV

Shane pushes open the door to Walmart, stepping inside and walking calmly through the place. Feeling paranoid he reassured himself. Shane, a demon is not even close to the weirdest thing you can find in a Walmart, chill.

He sighed and grabbed some things off the shelves as he walked through the isles, ignoring anyone in the store. The human world sure could be boring, not enough people to fuck with.

He payed for his things and headed out the store, carrying his bags as he walked back to his apartment building.

His building was rather small, he knew everyone that lived there, at least their faces. A witch lived next door to him, he's never spoken to the boy since he would know immediately.

He unlocked his door and walked inside, setting his stuff down and starting to put everything away. He felt a weird twinge and realized the veil was lowering, before he was zapped away with his box of pasta in hand.

He looked down at the person who summoned him, the boy next door. He was attractive, dark brown hair and tan skin. But Shane was a little shocked to see the boy look so confused by his appearance.

"You're not what I wanted!" Shane couldn't blame him, he did look like a normal human most of the time, but it did hurt.

"I- ouch."

~~Ryan's POV~~

Ryan slammed his grimore shut and stood up, backing away so he wasn't inches from the mans face.

"Why do you look like- my neighbor?"

"I am, and I was trying to put my groceries away what do you want?" Ryan was utterly confused at this point and messed with his hair.

"My neighbor is a ghost??" He said, making eye contact with the boy.

"Incorrect, demon, but close." Shane grinned at him, reaching out a hand for Ryan to shake. "I'm Shane." Ryan stares down at his hand, still stunned and confused, but he shook it.

"Ryan. Happy we finally met but uh, not the way I expected to." He said, picking his book up and snuffing his candles.

"Yeah definitely not, didn't really want anyone to know but oh well." Shane shrugged, waiting inside the black salt until Ryan moved it, which he did.

"Uh can I come over and help you make dinner as an apology?" Ryan asked, packing up all of his stuff and setting it back on his altar, shrugging lightly.

"Sure, might as well get to know you now." Shane smiled at him and Ryan followed him out the door and back over to his apartment.

They settled down as Ryan moved around the mans kitchen to make him food, Shane sat at the table and played on his phone. The two made quiet conversation.

Eventually they both got to the topic that was long awaiting.

"How are you even here? I come from generations of witches and never once have they met an actual demon in person."

"Well my dad is Satan and at one point he kinda got a little mad at me and said 'you're grounded to earth for 200 years' so here I am." Shane shrugged lightly. Ryan looked at him, bewildered.

"He can just do that?!" Shane took a bite of his food while nodding silently.

"Oh yeah, he's a little strick sometimes." Shane shrugged again and Ryan shook his head.

"Alright I guess." He said, settling down with his own food, eating.

They finished in relative silence.

"Well Shane, if you wouldn't mind, I kind of need a roommate after mine moved out. Of course if you can deal with my witch stuff." Ryan said to him.

Shane grinned at Ryan. "Sure little guy, I'll move in with you, just don't summon me on accident again." Ryan rolled his eyes and Shane ruffled the mans hair, making him slap at the demon. Shane laughed as did Ryan. This is going to be fun, rooming with a demon.