So Far Away

Previously...
As soon as our fingertips meet, my voice crumbles and I weakly utter.

"Jungkook"
____________________

"Jungkook" ____________________

"It's not real. It's just a dream. Yes, a dream. Although, this simple touch electrifies my every nerve. Dancing across our fingers, taking the bridge, transferring to logically nothing. A speck of dust taking it's place." I slowly return my hand to my side and continue, closing the distance between us.

"If this moment tonight. This upcoming moment, takes place like I've wished for the past two days, intertwine us forever..."

So close...

"Keep me in their grasp, never to let go..."

1 more step...

"To share every breath of air I take..."

My hand having a mind of its own, forces itself to move. Ignoring the astonished stares and mixed emotions allowing the gloom to take over. Finally processing the situation, my hand meets his skin. Caressing the side of his face, taking in the exact remembrance of his every feature. His cold but yet warm to the touch fingers interlock with mine, still on his cheek.

"It's me Y/n. It's your kookie." he mutters in reply. He leans his face into my palm as our eyes lock in gaze.

"This has got to be a dream. H-how are you here? Y-you... I saw the car." I whisper, barely able to choke out words.

He yanks me into his embrace, letting me spill the emotions  I've been holding in right onto his white t-shirt. To his left and right stood the rest of the boys. They seem so far away, yet right now they're so close. We're so close in proximity that my hand trembles at the feeling of just hugging Jungkook.

"Y/n. You didn't forget about us did you?" Says another soft, deep voice from the back. He steps out from the room's shadow and steals me away from Jungkook. I smile and allow myself to be pulled along.

"No Taehyung, I haven't. I never will, y-you know that." I stutter with a light chuckle still drenched in tears before being engulfed into a quick big group hug.

"You're avoiding my question." I say, my mind not allowing me to believe it's true.

The room fills with silence, giving us the time we need to clearly think properly. I slowly pull out of the hug and turn my gaze towards the ground.

"You aren't..living. Aren't you?" I ask, saddened but happy at the least to have them here once more.

Namjoon steps up to the plate to tell me. He takes a few strides towards me until he's right in front, face to face. Both of his hands reach up, holding me in place by my arms and lightly squeezes.

"Y/n, you have to accept it. Accept the fact that we're gone. We might not be here physically, but always in heart." He points to my chest, right at my pounding heart.

"Forgive yourself because it wasn't your fault. No part in which took place was anywhere near your fault." Sighing deeply, I instantly rush into his arms digging my face into his chest.

He places his chin on my head, places one arm around my waist tightly and runs his other hand up and down my back. He catches a glimpse of my face and pulls my chin up, making me look at him.

I knew what he was looking at. It was my necklace that the pretty nurse gave me. He reaches for it but is taken back when his hand swipes right through it. My eyes widen as I feel the tension in his hold loosen. The eerie silence returns as the boys witnessed what just happened.

"Guess we can only touch people." Namjoon says with a light chuckle and shrugs.

I take the necklace into my palm, turn to look at the window and open the curtains. The light shines into the diamond and lights the whole room creating a spectrum of dancing lights. I turn to the bed, sit down and taking a few seconds to relax with my hands clenched around the jewelry piece.

"This is so sudden. I'm having such a difficult time processing it." I chuckle and whisper but loud enough for them to hear. Jimin comes and sits next to me, puts his arm around me, patting my head. I look up and he gives me the famous eye smile.

"It's alright. As long as you can see this eye smile, it'll be alright. Plus, we're here right now aren't we?" He states, trying to put me into a better mood.

"Fine. I'm fine, we're good." I nod and nudge his arm for the sweet attempt. He pouts and crosses his arms across his chest but fails to keep the face and laughs at himself.

Jungkook, however, sits next to me in the other side. I've noticed for the small amount of time that they've been here that he's been staring at my necklace most of the time. He doesn't attempt to grab the necklace but instead sits there admiring it like it's the most important thing in the world.

"Y/n. Where'd you find this?" He abruptly speaks, completely hypnotized by it. I grab the necklace and hold it up for him so he could analyze it better.

"A nurse gave it to me. She said to make a wish, squeeze this once and wait for the stars to make it come true." I reply with a shrug and small laugh.

He nods, still examining the thing until he clearly understands. He turns to me with a sparkle in his eyes. That's when I understood.

That night I made my wish, was the night that shooting star passed. The colored flash of the diamond on my necklace, looks exactly like that shooting star as it sparkled across the sky.

"I-I thought of one thing and one thing only. I wanted to be with you all. So I made the wish and there was a shooting star." I exclaim, starstruck that I actually may have found the reason for their temporary return.

"I may not have seen a shooting star but, I did make a wish." He repeatedly nods.

Jungkook smiles, showing his bunny self that I missed so much. We both look at each other, gazing into each other's eyes before reciting our very similar wish.

"I want to make more memories with you...
I want to hold you once more, tighter than before...
I wish to see you, 'One. Last. Time'..."