1

"Wright," a tired voice mumbled into the darkness, waking the spikey haired attorney up. He rolled over in the direction of the familar voice, surprised by the sudden arms around him and soft hair brushing against his chin. He figured that Edgeworth must've tucked his head into his chest. Slowly, the defense attorney played gently with the prosecutor's hair, smiling at the content sigh he heard from the other.

"Can't sleep?" Phoenix murmured softly, struggling to stay awake. He didn't want to fall asleep when Edgeworth was still awake. It was hard, but he managed to at surpress the urge to shut his eyes again. He felt Edgeworth nod slightly against his chest. He wondered if his racing heartbeat could be heard for how close the other was to his heart.

"You can go back to sleep if you can't stay awake," Edgeworth muttered quietly, sounding flustered by the situation. Phoenix couldn't help but smile, chuckling a tiny bit. A playful huff was the response to the amusement, burying his face more. Edgeworth seemed comfortable, fingers softly gripping the fabric of Phoenix's pajama shirt. The warm and loving embrace was making the urge to sleep harder to resist. But Phoenix was determined to stay awake until Edgeworth was asleep.

However he ended up falling asleep quickly, and Edgeworth as well. Both seemed to be more tired than expected, both happily curled closely together.