"Living with the Magcon Boys" Chapter 1

Chapter 1 | 11 Boys, 1 Girl

Matthew Espinosa's P.O.V.

"A girl?!" All 11 of us stare at our tour manager in disbelief.

"Is this some sort of sick joke, Bart?" Nash asks, his bright blue eyes widening.

"Because if it is, it's not funny." Cameron says.

"Why would I be joking? I wasted 20 minutes just trying to get you all in one room." The 30 year old replies from the chair in front of us. When Bart rang the door bell this morning, half of us were scattered around the house either watching tv in the living room, eating breakfast in the kitchen, or pushing someone into the pool, while the other half were still knocked out in their own room. The famous viner dudes that made up the Magcon family, which stands for Meet And Greet Convention, had just finished our very first worldwide tour, which consisted of 15 shows and meet and greets in 15 different cities, lasting nearly 4 months.

With all the fun we had together and all the money we made from touring, we thought, 'Why not buy a house and just live together?' And being the impulsive idiots we are who don't think twice about what we do, that's exactly what we did. We bought a large house in our favorite city in our favorite state: Los Angeles, California. It was a place big enough to handle all 11 of us guys: 19 year old Cameron Dallas, 17 year olds Taylor Caniff, Carter Reynolds, Jack Gilinsky, and Jack Johnson, 16 year olds Nash Grier and Jacob Whitesides, 15 year olds Shawn Mendes and Aaron Carpenter, Nash's 13 year old brother, Hayes Grier, and lastly, the best out of all 11 of us, 16 year old Matthew Espinosa (which is, if you haven't guessed yet, me by the way).

We spent the first week with the Magcon house moving all our stuff in and buying new furniture. Now we're towards the end of our second week in the house and our tour lives have suddenly turned into our everyday lives. Except now we've gotta clean up after ourselves and make sure we don't break anything. Which by the way, is not easy with 11 teenage boys. Especially when we all act like we're 5 years old. Every new set of 24 hours comes with a new set of screaming, yelling, laughing, and just altogether partying. I guess now you can see why it took so long for Bart to get us all into the living room. Half of us are even sitting on the floor because our couch isn't even big enough to fit us all.

"Do you really think I would have spent 20 minutes trying to gather you all together at the same time just to tell you a joke?" Bart asks.

Jack G shrugs in response, "You act like you haven't done it before."

"I remember that." Aaron says, letting out a laugh.

"Oh yeah, 'Why'd the chicken cross the road?'" I mock Bart's voice as I say it.

"'To meet the Magcon boys!'" The 10 guys surrounding me say in unison and we begin to laugh sarcastically.

Nash shakes his head, "Your jokes are all horrible, Bart."

"Every single one." Jack J agrees.

"But out of all your bad jokes, this whole 'a girl is going to start living with you boys' is the worst one yet." Taylor says, using his fingers to create quotation marks.

"Yeah, try a different one." Cameron suggests.

"How about, 'boys, I'm getting you a dog'. I like that one better." Hayes says.

"Except don't say it as a joke. Be for real." Aaron adds.

Bart laughs then runs a hand over his face, letting out a long sigh, "Wow... I should not have agreed to this whole house thing."