Encounter. (Chapter 2)

A/N; Sorry for the late update! i'm here now tho so lets gooo

Iguro's POV

So, That girl- Kanroji- has been having similar dreams.

I stare at my desk for most of the class. The teacher calls my name, "Obanai could you please answer the question for us?" I stand up in shock. Thankfully, the question is on the board and I quickly solve it in my head.

"Yes, good. For a second I thought you weren't paying attention."

I slowly sit down and mumble. "Of course not ma'am."

The rest of the school day goes by painfully slow. Once the bell rings, I immediately leave the school. Tokito and Rengoku will not get out for a while longer, so there's no use waiting for them. I slowly walk towards my home, millions of thoughts racing around my mind. I notice that I've already arrived home. I sigh and unlock the door. As I slip off my shoes and set down my bag, I step into the kitchen to prepare dinner and lunch for tomorrow.

I once again get lost in my thoughts while I cook. I walk upstairs into my room to get Kuburamaru, since I let him out everyday when I get home from school. I take the lid off his cage and he slithers up my arm, and hangs loosely around my neck. I exit my room and shut the door. I sit down as I wait for the pot to boil and move my hand near my face. Noticing, Kuburamaru slithers from around my neck to my hand. I place my left elbow on the table and rest my head in my hand while staring at my scaly friend.

"Hey.. Do you remember Kanroji?"

His head pops up at the name, but of course he can't talk.

"So you do?"

His eyes close and he nods once. Either he truly does remember, or is just moving normally. I hear the water boiling and stand up, Kuburamaru slithering back around my neck.

After Dinner

I set my plate in the sink and start doing the dishes. Kuburamaru slides down my arm and onto the counter. He coils into a pile and yawns.

I finish putting the dishes and silverware into the dishwasher and walk over to Kubu. His eyes open as I lean my arm out towards him. He lazily curls around my arm, and I head upstairs. After returning Kubu to his cage and changing into sleep wear, I turn off all the lights in my house then head back upstairs into my bedroom. 

I lay down in bed. Will i have another dream tonight? Who knows..

Dream Land

"Wow #####-san! Thank you so much for taking me to this new food stand."

"Of course Kanroji. When I got back from my mission and saw your letter about it, I wanted to take you there as soon as possible. So, I traveled over to your estate, only to find out you had traveled off to a mission the day prior."

"Well you should've told me when you'd get back so I could make sure I was there!"

"There's really no way in telling how long I was going to be gone. Plus, If Ubuya##### wants you to go on a mission you have to, as a hashira. It's not like I mind that though."

"Yeah.. He really is a good leader though!"

Once again, everything fades to black.

Iguro's POV

I stir back to consciousness as I hear the loud beeps of my alarm clock. I slowly open my eyes and blink a few times. I manage to pull myself out of bed and stretch. I turn off the alarm, knowing its 6:10 AM already. I check my clock anyways, and its.. 5:50. Great, I must have forgotten I changed the alarm.
I go through my daily morning routine. Feed Kubu, eat breakfast, shower, brush my teeth, and change into my uniform. I put on my mask and adjust my tie. Today is Friday, so I'll have to work after school. I say my goodbyes to Kubu and walk out the door at 7:40.

Mitsuri's POV, 5 mins earlier

Today I'm walking to school with Shinobu-san again. It's so nice that she wakes up earlier to walk with me, even though she goes to a different school. I don't have any close friends at this school, so it's at least nice to have someone to talk to before and after school. I wish I could go to school with Shinobu, but my family is pretty strict.. In the ideal world, I'd be going to school with Shinobu, and I'd have lots of friends and already met the perfect guy.. Anyways, Shinobu and I continue walking our regular route, and I see a boy locking his door a few yards ahead.. and he seems.. familiar..

Shinobu's POV

I'm walking with Mitsuri as usual, when we pass by someone. I turn around and see who it is. "Oh! Good morning Obanai!" If Mitsuri and Obanai both have similar dreams they should notice each other..

Mitsuri"s POV

I turn around to see who Shinobu was greeting. Obanai..? That sounded familiar.. But I just can't seem to put my finger on it. Shinobu is talking to a boy who- looks very familiar- maybe I've passed by him before.. as his house does seem to be on our route.. and honestly, he's not bad-looking so I would've noticed him.

Iguro's POV

I turn around to me being called. t seems to be Shinobu but.. why is she walking opposite of the school?

"Ah, Hello Shinobu. Good morning to you too." Shinobu turns over to the figure next to her, who I didn't notice at first. I look over and..

It's her

It's Kanroji- The girl from my dreams..  She may look a little differently as she has her hair styled in only one side braid instead of the three I always see but- Her face, height, eyes, height-
everything was the same.

I stare at her a moment before realizing I probably look creepy, "Hello, I'm Obanai, I don't believe we've met before. I go to school with Koucho-san."

"Oh uh- Hello Obanai! You can call me Mitsuri- or Kanroji- whichever is good with you.."

"Ok Kanroji- Ah, I'm meeting with some friends so I'll have to see you later. Goodbye Kanroji and Koucho, see you two later." I say before turning around heading off.

"O-oh goodbye Obanai!" Mitsuri says with a shocked expression.

Shinobu laughs and then says "See you later Obanai."

I continue walking until I meet up with Rengoku and the Tokito twins.

"Hello Oba- Oh are you okay? Do you have a fever? Maybe you should stay home today." Rengoku states.

"What? I'm feeling perfectly fine." 

"Well your face is all red." Muicihiro says with his usual blank face.

"Really? Well it was pretty warm in my house today.." I quickly lie. Rengoku is charismatic, but he's not the brightest and the Tokitos just don't care. I can feel my face slowly start becoming less red.

"Well, good to know you aren't sick!" Rengoku remarks. 

Mitsuri's POV

I walk away with Shinobu, a light blush dusted across my cheeks, my head dipped down in thought.

"Obanai is pretty nice right?" Shinobu says, leaning over.

"Huh? Oh Uhm right.. but I can't seem to shake the fact that I've seen him before."

Shinobu stares at me, then laughs. 

"Well, maybe you've seen Iguro-kun in a dream or something."

What? Dream? Iguro?

"I-Iguro?!"

"Haha, yes, Iguro is Obanai's name.. Also the name of the guy you had dreams about."

"So that's where I saw him from- Aaaaah!" I place my hands on my cheeks. "I can't believe I didn't recognize him sooner!"

"Oh, Mitsuri you're still as dense as ever~" Shinobu says as she skips over and hugs me.

"Shinobu, isn't your trip soon? How long will you be gone again?"

"2 months, are you sure you'll be okay without me?"

"I'm sure i'll be fine.. it's only 2 months, i'll live!"