Part 5, The Loitar School

"When you stop to smell the flowers, the flowers also stop to smell you."
-Old school Loitar saying.

The Loitar school, or the tree-fondlers, began in the age following the age of magick. The age of extinction. It began with sorcerers realising that plants were much better equipped to survive natural disasters than animals. Out of that realisation came the quest for invulnerability, which they have completely failed to achieve. Originally, the purpose was to use magick to identify and transfer the positive qualities to themselves. However, what they ended up with were obedient tree-soldiers that they could manipulate. This made Loitar the primary military power of magick.

Xefef had been in favour of the quest when it was focused on something that could one day make them invulnerable. They were however not in favour of a magick power that rivalled their own in ferocity. This unavoidably led to an even deeper separation of the sorcerers' factions, and since none of the schools trusted the others, they started the truce of the Khmur gatherings so all sorcerers could benefit from Macbiar magick.

Loitar practitioners have never learnt of the school's connection to the Afreet known as the Mega-flora, even if they can feel it in rare moments of intuition. It was through the Mega-flora that the Sol cooperative received the power to cast the Spell at the least Khmur gathering. Something the Afreet soon came to regret. As it realised it had been tricked into helping spawn another Afreet onto Sojurut. One made to bring about the end of Everything and Nothing.