38

5 years ago

Fifteen year old Pierre approached Luca's crib quietly, leaning over to peek at the sleeping baby inside

The baby was sleeping peacefully. A warm looking blanket was draped over her. She looked so beautiful, so peaceful that Pierre was contemplating whether he should wake her up or not. Her brown hair looks tamed for once. Usually, it'll be a mess. It's amazing how so little hair could turn into such wild mess.

The teen leaned his elbow against her crib bars and listened to Luca's soft, snuffly breathing. Pierre smiled when the little baby shifted slightly in her sleep, stretching her arms like the cute adorable baby that she was.

Luca was probably going to naturally wake up soon so Pierre decided to quicken the process. Pierre reached into the crib and softly smoothed a hand over Luca's soft brown hair then moving down to her stomach, rubbing in firm, slow circles.

"Lu... " He called softly. "Rise and shine." Pierre stroked her rosy, chubby cheek. "Come on, kid."

Eyes still closed, Luca stretched up again, this time it was a 'waking up' stretch and not a 'I'm still sleepy' one.

"Good morning, baby girl." Pierre cooed, taking one of Luca's little hand in his own and gently playing with her adorable fingers. Luca's eyes finally blinked open and she blinked a few times, taking in the morning sun.

Pierre's hand moved on her soft hair again. Luca finally looked at Pierre with those big chocolate doe eyes and the teen saw a tiny smile playing on her lips.

Pierre smiled as well. "Hi, Lu-Lu."

Luca made a gurgling noise before clumsily sitting up and then pulling herself up on the bars until she could just peek over them, locking eyes with Pierre. Pierre watched her efforts with pride. He then snickered and bent down to her eye level.

"Hey, short stuff." He said. "Guess what?"

Luca made a noise with a smile on her face, bouncing enthusiastically.

Pierre chuckled and leaned forward to kiss her forehead, causing her nose to scrunch up. "You're one year old, baby. It's your birthday today. Don't go leaving me all alone now, okay? You'll always be my baby girl."

Luca made another happy, slightly gurgling noise.

"Aren't you in such a good mood this morning." Pierre straightened up and and held out his arms to Luca. "Come on, Luca. Your cousin Harley's going to be the one making your cake."

He wondered how that kid's good at making sweets. He's only nine and he's acting like such an adult already. Pierre also noticed Harley coming by often to see Luca. The teen just shook that off as just wanting to treat Luca as his own sister since he doesn't have any siblings.

But hell, if somebody asks Pierre who's the better care taker then he'll, without a doubt, point at Harley.

Luca beamed up at him and reached out for him with both hands. Pierre swooped her up, swinging her up high, earning a fitful of squeals and giggles before tucking her in his chest and holding her close.