GIRL'S FRIENDS 1

GIRL'S FRIENDS

Everyone around was busy preparing for the pre-wedding party, and Lizzie had never dreamed so much of calm and solitude.

Today she was supposed to spend the evening at the world-famous La Scala theater.  In the meantime, Lizzie stood in the middle of a chic room in a Milan hotel and held a luxurious dress in her hands, so expensive that she was afraid to imagine even its approximate cost.  In addition, she did not leave the thought that while she was having fun in Italy, her family in England could go bankrupt at any time.

She changed her mind to come to the wedding of her best friend, but her father persuaded to accept the invitation.  And Brother Matthew went even further and declared in an orderly tone:

- Don't be silly.  Do you want your father to feel really bad?  Go to Bianchi’s wedding as planned.  And do not forget to convey her my best wishes.

It was said with such sarcasm that Lizzie cringed at the memory of her brother's words.  He will never forgive Bianca for daring to fall in love with another man.  Parents of her best friend also insisted on Lizzy's presence, so she had no choice but to obey the wishes of others.  Sometimes it’s much easier to do this than to go against everyone and everything.

So now Lizzy dutifully put on an amazing dress, trying to simultaneously lay a naughty lock of hair that did not stop falling on her forehead.

Looking at herself in the mirror, Lizzie was horrified.  The dress puffed up completely in the wrong places, and its gray color absolutely did not fit her pale skin.  This is not the first time in her life that Lizzy regretted not being born as beautiful as Bianca, who went with any outfits.

Instead of a neat figure, beautiful dark hair and tanned skin, Lizzy got an ordinary body, a naughty red head on her head and white skin.  It is not surprising that this dress, which once belonged to Bianca, sat terribly on her.  By the way, his former mistress refused this outfit a month later.

“I don’t know why I bought it,” Bianka was perplexed then.  - The color is mouse, the length does not suit me, and the chest protrudes from the neckline.

Though Lizzy could not worry here.  Her small breasts easily fit into the bodice.  In addition, she asserted herself, they don’t look in the teeth at a gifted horse.  She still had nothing to choose from.  Her modest budget would not cover the straps from this dress.  And Lizzy never had her own luxurious outfits.

A sudden knock on the door interrupted her thoughts.

“Are you ready, Elizabeth?”  - called the mother of Bianchi.  “We must not be late for La Scala.”

Of course not, Lizzy smiled mentally.

- One minute!  She answered aloud.

La Scala did not expect anyone, even if it was the cream of Italian society.  Among these chosen ones, Lizzy was to spend the evening today.  She quickly put on her shoes, put a soft pink gloss on her lips and looked one last time in the mirror.

It’s hard to believe, but Bianchi’s wedding ring alone could save her family from bankruptcy.  After all, this money would make it possible to pay all the debts of the company.  And, probably, a little more would be left.

But Bianca was hardly aware of this.  And Lizzy didn't blame her.  Just the situation of their families was too different.

They became friends on the very day when both were placed in a closed English school, where the girls felt like strangers.  Bianca before England lived cheerfully in Sydney.  Her parents became extremely wealthy after the death of their uncle, who left them a huge fortune.  That is why they moved here and sent their daughter to school with strict orders, so that she learned to behave in high society.

Lizzy had a completely different story.  She was sent to this school after her mother was at the center of the scandal.  Everyone became aware of her romance with the mayor of the town where they lived.  And before that, the mayor was considered a decent family man.  After everything came out, they laughed so hard at Lizzy at school that her father decided to transfer her to another educational institution.