GIRL'S FRIENDS 2

Did the ridicule stop in a new place? No. Did Lizzy tell anyone about this? No. Her father was already seriously worried about the betrayal of his wife and the fact that she abandoned the family, taking with him all the savings.

So, she and Bianca became best friends. They were drawn to each other like two poles. Bianka is a dark-haired, confident beauty and Lizzy is a red-haired, thin girl whose mother never called her after leaving.

For ten years, girlfriends are inseparable. Now they were twenty-two years old, and one always knew what the second was doing. Now Bianca married a representative of one of the best families in Italy. And Lizzy was ready for a while to forget about her problems in order to make this day perfect for her friend.

In addition, it was Bianchi's parents who paid the travel expenses. Lizzie was grateful to them, because she could not afford such a trip.

After many troubles, Lizzy still arrived at her friend's wedding and met her fiancé, a very rich and stunningly beautiful Italian.

Luciano Genovese Marcello de Santis, who was just thirty-four years old, was the head of the world-famous banking empire. But friends had the right to call him simply Luke.

A strange tremor ran through Lizzy's body. She grabbed her purse and opened the door, hoping that she would finally stop throwing it in the heat or in the cold every time she remembered this man.

He was unusual: a combination of cold politeness and burning sexuality. Bianca clung to him like an affectionate kitten, and it seemed to amuse him. Lizzie discounted the fact that they are both Italians and that such a kind of openness and warmth is characteristic of their nation.

She would never run after a man. Therefore, the craving for Luc de Santis scared her. He deprived Lizzy of calmness, although he was completely out of her taste. Too tall and strong, too sexy and handsome, too cold and inaccessible.

Until tonight, they met once in Milan and once in London. It was a couple of months ago, at a dinner hosted by Bianchi's parents to introduce family friends to their daughter's future husband.

- What do you think? - Bianca asked her after dinner.

"Impressive," Lizzie replied. "He scares me to death."

Bianca laughed. But she always laughed if she was in love.

"You will get used to it, Lizzy," she promised her friend. "He's not so scary if you get to know him better."

Really? Lizzy thought.

Although there was another unplanned meeting. It happened just a week ago, Lizzy remembered by pressing the elevator call button. Luke arrived at the hotel in search of Bianchi and saw Lizzy at the reception. He approached her ... Of course, given the excellent manners and education, Luciano de Santis simply could not do otherwise.

He got angry at Bianca for not meeting her friend at the airport. Lizzie tried to justify her by saying that they simply did not agree, but Luke only shook his head.

Cold, calm and used to commanding, he quickly arranged for Lizzy the best number and even escorted him to the door. It was then that he first touched her back to show the way. Lizzie stumbled back from him like a wild cat, and immediately felt uneasy. Luke gave her one of his icy looks and lowered his hand.

Now she was getting ready to go down to the hall where the guests would gather. And if she manages to avoid meeting with Luke, the evening can already be called perfect.

A mirror hung on the wall near the elevator, and once again Lizzie tried to restrain a naughty lock of hair. But she treacherously fell back on her forehead. Stomping her foot, Lizzy showed her reflection to her tongue and made a funny face.

It was at that moment that the elevator doors opened and the same man, frightening her to death, stared at her. Their eyes crossed for a second. It is hard to imagine a more ridiculous situation.

"Oh," she muttered. "Have you stayed here too?" I did not know.

A shadow of a smile flickered in his eyes.

"Good evening, Elizabeth." - He always called her Elizabeth, and it sounded special, given his light Italian accent. - Are you going to go down?

The prospect of traveling in the same elevator with Luke did not appeal to Lizzy. In a black evening suit, he looked even stricter than usual.

Lizzy made her legs move. She went into the elevator and turned her back to Luke, feeling his gaze on herself. Lizzy bit her lower lip in tension.