chapter one

I yawned. I was sitting in the plane, on my way to Scotland. It was Friday, so I had to flight at night because of school. My parents didn't want me to visit Lewis, my final exams were coming up and they wanted me to get good grades. Fortunately, I was able to convince them to let me relax for at least a weekend during this stressful time.

I planned on trying to get a bit sleep during the flight, but I was way too excited. I have never been to Lewis' familys' place. I was excited to finally meet his parents. Since we started dating, He has always been visiting me, or we met when he had a gig somewhere near my city Munich.

Also, this was the first time flying alone, without my parents, which just added to my excitement. I was afraid something might happen, but I also felt more independent and more 'grown-up' than ever before.

"Do you want something to eat?" a stewardess asked me suddenly, scaring me a bit.

"Ohh, err, no, thank you" I said, turning away from the window.

"Is there anything else you need? "she asked.

"No, thanks, I'm fine" I responded with a smile.

She made her way to the next person, and I turned back to look outside. It was pretty nice to see everything from so far above. It was so dark that I was barely able to make out anything, but I could see recognize houses and cars from the lights. I guess we just flew over a city, maybe even London? The whole ground was lighted. I took a photo, not to show it anyone, just for me. After a while, everything was dark outside, I guess we were flying over a forest or if there were just too many clouds to see something. I decided to try to sleep. I put on my headphones and played some calm music to suppress all the noises in the plane. The seat next to me was, thank god, free, so I could spread my things out a little to make it comfier.

"Please put on your seatbelt. We'll land in twenty minutes" Slowly, I opened my eyes. After putting on my seatbelt, another announcement ("Please make sure you won't forget your luggage") made me realize that I'd see my crush in about half an hour.

We haven't seen each other in four weeks, he had some shows in America this month, so we weren't able to spend any time together. I couldn't wait to see him, but I was afraid his parents won't like me. I told Lewis about that and he said they'll like me for sure, but I was still afraid. Should I hug them? Of just offer a handshake? I knew I was just making myself nervous but still.

As soon as the plane had landed, I ran off. Yes, I ran. Lewis told me he'd wait in the entrance hall, so I made my way there. Fortunately, I didn't have to queue up for luggage as I had only my backpack with me.

I didn't instantly find Lewis, so after five minutes of searching I just sat down on a bench at the side. He was probably stuck in traffic or so. I put my headphones on and listened to a bit music. That really helped to calm down my nerves. I felt a bit alone, even though I knew Lewis won't forget me here. He'll certainly be here in a few minutes.

Some songs later he still wasn't there, so I called him. In the dark plane I set my screen brightness down, so now I hardly could type in the pin in the bright light in the entrance hall. I quickly searched for his contact and pressed call. After a minute of ringing, I put my phone down again. Maybe something happened to him? I started to worry, even though I knew that it probably was completely unnecessary, and he'd be here in some minutes time. I closed my eyes and waited, with the music being the only thing holding me from just sleeping in.

After nearly the whole Handwritten album, I started to doubt the thoughts I had earlier. What if he really forgot me? I already tried to call him two more times, but he didn't answer. I put my mobile out of my pocket to call another time, as someone stopped right in front of me. I looked up.