chapter five

I woke up from someone caressing my cheeks. Immediately, pictures of the past night were flooding my mind. The beautiful date. The kiss. Him asking me to sleep in his room. I slowly opened my eyes.

Lewis was half-sitting against the wall, his fingers were stroking my face.

"Good morning, love. How did you sleep?", he asked me as soon as he noticed I was awake.

"Good morning. I slept well, you?"

"Me too. So, what are we gonna do today? Anything special you want to do before you have to leave?"

"Nah, not really. I mean, there are many things I want to do, but we don't have that much time, so I guess we'll just stay here and talk or so."

"Sure. When's your flight going again?"

"At 3:30 pm., but I wanna be there an hour earlier, if that's possible. I'm not that used to airports as you are, I need some time to get to the right gate."

"I'll bring you there at 2:30, don't worry. I'll...", he started, standing up and searching for some clothes to wear, "...go to the bathroom now, yeah?"

"Sure. I have to go to the guestroom to get ready now anyway, I have all my stuff there."

When I entered the guestroom, I pulled some cosy clothes out of my backpack which I could wear during the flight and a pair of jeans to wear now. I packed everything else I had with me together so I wouldn't have to do it later and placed my toiletry bag on top so I could still brush my teeth and my hair. A look on the clock made me realize that by this time tomorrow, I would be sitting in school, watching my biology teacher trying to operate the computer. Fun. Especially when I could be laying in the bed with Lewis at the same time. I hated school, and I couldn't wait to finally take my final exams and leave.

After I used the bathroom too, we both went downstairs, where Lewis mum was just placing everything on the table for breakfast.

"Good morning!", I said when we entered the kitchen.

"Hello! How are you both? How was the date?", Carol asked.

"Fine", Lewis answered both questions, smiling. "Where's dad?"

"Oh, he's going for a walk with Paddy, he'll be back in some minutes.", she told him and sat down at the table, motioning for us both to do the same.

"When did you get back yesterday?", his mum wanted to know.

"Oh, I think it was somewhen shortly before midnight.", I answered.

"Because, I woke up during the night at like two in the morning and the guestrooms' door was open?", she said, half questioning.

"Err, we, err, both slept in my room.", Lewis answered, looking down on his plate. It was silent for a second, and I was afraid it would get awkward, but Carol just said: "Oh, right! I didn't think of that, sorry", and with that we started eating.

"When do you have to leave, April? I want to make sure you'll be at the airport on time, I don't want you to miss your flight.", Lewis' Mum said.

"I'll bring her to the airport around 2:30, her plane leaves one hour later. Don't worry, mum.", Lewis answered for me.

Back in his room, we put on music and spend some time singing at the top of our lungs, it was really fun and made me forget about the fact that I had to leave in just some hours. After the first half of his album, we stopped, though, because my phone was ringing. "I'll be back in a second", I told Lewis and left the room.

I saw on the display that it was my mum calling me.

"Hi, Mum"

"Good morning, April, how are you?", she wanted to know.