We're Both Confused

Seulgi shrugged, stepping over to wall with you. "I wasn't planning on skipping classes this year, but sure."

"No, no," you said hastily, as you started to walk down the hallway. "You, Miss Seulgi, are absolutely going to class. So am I, but... Just let me finish!"

Seulgi giggled to herself a little bit. It had been a while since she was nagged like that. The last person to do it was probably Sooyoung. There's probably a reason for that, considering the rough breakup and Sooyoung's sudden comatose, but you filling in just a little wasn't too bad.

"Okay, mom," Seulgi stressed her words playfully, leaning over to bump her shoulder into yours. "What's up?"

The tiny smile you gained disappeared once you were reminded of why you were so upset and you rushed to collect your thoughts before the bell rang.

"Well, picture this. This girl in a family, right?" You started slowly, setting your outstretched hands in front of you in an attempt to talk with them. Seulgi hummed from your left and you could hear a sarcastic comment escape her. Rolling your eyes, you continued. "And this close family member tells her a supposed family secret. A super duper crazy one."

"Okaay," The athlete dragged, an eyebrow quirked in both confusion and intrigue. "And this secret is...?"

"That her relative she was brutally murdered after a harem gone wrong," you finished bluntly. Seulgi sucked in air through her teeth, placing a comforting hand on your shoulder. "That's a yikes. Sorry 'bout that, lamby." She commented in a slightly condescending tone.

"Okay, first what's with the nickname? And second, I never said it was me!" You countered, sticking your tongue out playfully when she rolled her eyes. "I said a girl."

Seulgi just shrugged. "A girl who's obviously you. What, are you afraid that a crazy harem is gonna form around you?" Her head turned towards you and leaned closer to your face, making you lean back instinctively. All while walking, she cooed out, "Does [Y/N] want someone to fight over her?" before laughing at your expression.

Your eyebrows had knitted and you felt warm, but you were unsure if you were blushing or not. So, you simply faced forward, away from Seulgi's cat-like glance. "No, I don't! And you didn't answer my other question!"

"Well," Seulgi started. "That's all it is. A nickname for clumsy people like you." Her teasing side came out again as she wondered aloud if you were growing on it, which you would've denied had the bell not rang. You groaned and threw your head back, frustrated that you couldn't finish your story. But, Seulgi just shrugged it off.

"Hey, you have my number. You can just call me and tell me about your harem story, right?"

Seulgi ended up skipping that class. Not because she was feeling rebellious, but because her thoughts were yelling at her way too loudly to sit through a lecture. She almost speed walked down the hall away from you, suddenly all too aware of what she said back there.

Why did she call you that? The name that she had mentally reserved for her ex-girlfriend. The name that hurt way too much to even think of in the past month, but all of sudden broke it out for a girl she met just a while ago.

And the teasing? Come on, Kang Seulgi. She acted like a middle school boy with a crush. But really, was it all without reason?

As she wandered the campus, she thought back to the parlor "date." How she mentioned her's and Sooyoung's past relationships to somehow fiend you off if you maybe had any idea about getting with her ex-girlfriend. How she watched you laugh over the stupidest things with your mouth wide open, just like Soo had done.

Her mind even skipped back to the first day you met and how you exchanged numbers. The way she clicked with you, but tried her hardest not to show it, as her heart was still raw from Sooyoung's harsh words she had said a few weeks earlier. She was so foolish thinking of you as a girly, no substance kid. God, was she wrong.

Seulgi came to the big circle window on that floor, a hotspot for couples and loners alike. She slid into it, feet resting against the concrete. Looking out the window, she saw rain pouring from the open clouds. It was violent and she inwardly cringed at the thought of having to trudge through mud to get to her car. Seulgi let her head hit the wall behind her and sighed out loud, unsure of how to break down what's going in her mind.

She reached a hand into her pocket and clutched around her phone. Hesitantly, she unlocked it and pressed down on her home button.

"Hey Siri. Call Sooyoung."