Chapter 10

Gotham Season 2 mid Finale 

Ariel's P.O.V

I sit in my room waiting for the Jim or the G.C.P.D because of daddy's attempt to murder Bruce Wayne. I hear a crash and get up and leave my room. When I get to the living room the captain is knocked out and Gordon and my dad are gone. Just then Jim's partner walks in. "Cap. What ya do to him." 

"Nothing I've been in my room almost all night. If you don't believe me you can go check I left the light on and the book still on my bed." I inform him. The captain wakes up and sees me and Bullock. 

"Bullock arrest her." He says talking about me. I back away. 

"Look, kid, we can do this the easy way or the hard way." 

"Fine, I'll come willingly." I follow them out of my home and to a police car. When we get to the station they put me in a cell.  

 "We'll deal with you later." I roll eyes. I sit there for a couple of hours before they decide to take me to interrogation. "Alright kid Jim told us everything you told him But you didn't tell him everything did you?" I think for minute.

"No, I told him everything I knew." I inform them. "I wish I could be more help." 

"You know after everything you've done you could go to Arkham for a long time right?" 

"No me and Jim had a deal and I held up my end. I had meetings with Lee once a week until she told me otherwise." I say with my anger rising.

"Well, Jim ain't here, but we are so if you're hiding something you better tell us now."  I look between the Detective and Captain.

"I told him everything I knew. I didn't know why daddy was so hellbent on killing Bruce Wayne. I don't know why he broke them out of Arkham."

"Why'd he kill Jerome Valeska?" They ask. I feel my heart break again.

"I don't know. He never mentioned that being part of his grand plan." I say fighting back the tears. "That's everything I know." They leave the room and I pull my knees-up to my chest and cry into them. I miss Jerome, His smile, his laugh, him calling me princess, all of it. After about five minutes, Bullock comes back with two men dressed in white. 

"Here's the deal, these guys are from Arkham, and they'd be happy to take you with them if you don't start cooperating. Got it?" I nod. "Good. Tell me what you didn't tell Jim." I think about it well eyeing the Arkham guards.

"I told you everything I know." Before Bullock could say anything else, Jim walks in with penguin in handcuffs and Lee right behind him.

"Jim, thank god where have you been?" He looks at me then the Guards.

"Why are they here?"

"As a threat." I say glaring at bullock. 

"Go." I nod and walk out of interrogation. I walk back into the main part of G.C.P.D and sit at Detective Gordon's desk waiting for him. After a few minutes the captain walks over.

"What are you doing here?" 

"Waiting for Jim to decide what he's going to do with me." I say forcing a smile. Before he can say anything else Lee walks over.

"Do you know where your cousin or Aunt went?" I shake my head but then I think for a moment.

"Butch Gilzean him and my aunt have a thing." I smile at Lee and she smiles back. 

"Anything else you can tell us?" I shake my head. 

"You're free to go." Lee informs me.  I nod and walked out of the G.C.P.D. I wander around for a few hours before I realize I'm back at the penthouse. I walk in and head to my room. When I get there, I grab a backpack and toss some clothes in it. Then I grab my hunting cape and put it on to keep warm. I head back out knowing I shouldn't have gone back in the first place. When I walk out of the penthouse, Jim is waiting for me. 

"What are you doing here?"

"Figured you'd come back here." He says smiling at me.

"I just needed a few things now, I'm leaving Gotham." I say with a small smile. 

"And what about the cape?"

"Don't worry, I left the bow and arrows in the penthouse." I inform him, then start to walk away. I don't know how long I wandered around for, but eventually I ran into a blonde. "I am so sorry."

"No it's fine I was distracted." I hand her the papers I knocked out of her hands. "Thank you. I'm Ecco."

"Ariel."

"In that case my boss wants to meet you." She hands me a card and walks away. I look at it confused. It has an address and initials on it. "Who the Hell is X.W." I mumble under my breath.