Chapter thirteen

It's quite cold outside now but the soft blanket around my shoulders keeps me warm enough. One thing I have enjoyed about moving out of the city is how many stars you can see at night. There's so many, each one so beautifully lit up, so wonderfully calming.

Jacob's lips are tightly pressed as he swirls the ice around his glass.

"I'm guessing you have heard of arranged marriages?" He eventually starts as he looks at me with worried eyes.

"Of course, but I'm not particularly a religious person, so can't say I have witnessed any."

"They aren't always to do with religion. Sometimes it can be about the class you're in, for instance, some rich families strongly believe that if you come from wealth, you marry someone who is equally as wealthy or at the very least comes from a privileged background. Unfortunately this was Elle's fathers views and my Dad soon also felt it was a good idea and put a lot of pressure on me ever since I was nineteen to get married."

"Oh, I see..."

"I was young, stressed to bits trying to get my law degree to appease my Dad and then on top of all that they kept arranging for Elle to come to the house. We had nothing in common and she quite openly told me she had no ambition to gain a career, she felt her calling in life was to be a housewife. My Dad and Elle's Dad decides together that we were some kind of match made in heaven. My Dad felt as though any woman I could meet wouldn't be right for me and would only want our family fortune. Ironically that exact person he was so concerned about is the very woman he pushed me to marry."

"But I thought Elle had money?"

"She comes from wealth, but she doesn't have her own money. That's why her Dad wanted her to be with me, he wanted me to look after her."

"Wow." I sigh, trying to take it all in.

"Elle doesn't love me. She might say she does, she's good at saying all the right things but the only thing she truly loves is my bank account and this lifestyle. She needs a status to feel like she's something. It's sad really."

"Is that why she drinks?"

"I think so. Her Dad ended up as an alcoholic too, so I'm guessing it's in the family. Neither of us have been happy for a long time. Then, one night Elle's friend goes missing and she asks me to go out and find her. Usually I don't like to get involved in these things but I felt sorry for her, her husband had just died and she was a mess.
I tracked her down in a pub near her house, she was drunk and not in a good way. I told her I was there to take her home and she seemed grateful at first, until we got in the car and she wanted much more from me. She climbed onto my lap and tried straddling me and kissing me."

I feel a pang of jealousy envisioning someone all over him. I didn't believe I was the jealous type but I hate this image he has painted out.

"I may not love my wife but that doesn't mean I want to go sleeping with just anyone. She's not my type and I knew she wouldn't want to betray Elle, so I pushed her off. I made it clear that I had absolutely no interest. That's when she got angry. I thought she was just acting out because she was drunk. I dropped her home and thought no more about it, but the next day she turned up at the house and started telling Elle that I fucked her. I think it was my punishment for not taking her up on her offer."

He pauses to refill our glasses with the whiskey and I find myself growing sympathetic as I watch the emotion grow in his voice and the glimmer of sadness in his eyes.

"And that's when I knew for certain that Elle didn't love me. When her friend told her, she didn't cry. She didn't yell. She didn't throw things at me, she didn't scream at me to pack my bags and leave, she didn't even ask me if it was true. I realised then that she didn't ask me because she didn't actually care. I gave her space for a few days, I waited to see if she was just gathering her thoughts, but nothing.
That's when I approached her and proposed a divorce. She hated the idea. She told me straight away that it wasn't an option, she told me she didn't care about what I had supposedly gotten up to, as long as our lifestyle together could remain the same."

Shit. That's worse than any answer I could have imagined.

"I'm so sorry Jacob, I got out of my unhappy marriage, I can't imagine how it must feel to be stuck in one."

"Yeah well...life isn't always what we dreamt it could be." He sighs before taking another sip of his whiskey.
"Funny isn't it, people assume that because we have a big house and a tonne of photos on display, that we must love our life together and be very happy. Reality is it couldn't be further from the truth. But together we put on a good show."

I'm sitting here staring up at the stars, trying to think of anything to say that could be of comfort. But I truly feel lost for words. He's trapped. His marriage is about money, status and keeping up appearances. Elle doesn't even care what he does, as long as she has this house and the big cars and holidays to Aruba. Meanwhile, Jacob looks like a broken man. No wonder why he can be so angry.

"How's your hand?" I ask gently as I stare down at the grazes across his knuckles.

"Better."

"Good. You think it'll be okay to get in the hot tub?"

"Really? You want to get into the hot tub now? It's nearly two in the morning!" Jacob laughs.

"I know. And we're the only ones awake."

I put my glass down and slowly unzip my jeans, I let them drop to my feet as Jacob stares at me intensely and I step out of them before heading to the hot tub.

I carefully dip my toe into the hot water before immersing myself fully. I can't help but smile when I see Jacob heading over too, pulling his shirt off over his head.

I giggle to myself as Jacob notices my breasts through my white tee. I hadn't bothered with a bra and I'm now I'm glad I didn't. The water has made my top see through and I love how much it excites him.

"Mia, what are we doing?" Jacob asks through heavy breaths as he lowers himself into the hot tub.

"Don't worry. I'm not expecting you to do anything."

I gently push against his shoulders until he is seated in front of me.

"But...I think I started something I didn't get to finish the other night."

I slide my knickers down my legs and let them float to the surface. The surprise on Jacob's face makes me giggle.

I pull my white tee over my head and throw it to the side, making my breasts free to bob gently against the water.

"Shit, Mia." Jacob pants excitedly.

I perch on the edge of the step and keep my eyes focused on Jacob.

"Tell me you want to watch me. I want to hear you say it."

"Fuck, Mia. Yes. Yes, I want to fucking watch."

I seductively arch my back before running my fingers down my stomach, past my hip bone until eventually I'm sliding them inside of me.
My skin feels so tingly just knowing Jacob is watching me. It's such a buzz I know it won't take me long.
I love the undeniable flash of arousal in his eyes, it makes me want to excite him further. With one hand I grip my breast tightly before running my fingers in a circular motion and caressing my nipples.

I feel the heat rushing in between my legs and I let out a few quiet groans to let Jacob know I'm close.

"Fuck..." I hear Jacob groan as he watches my fingers sliding in and out of myself.

I can't believe I'm back doing this again but it's so different, it's so spontaneous, so unpredictable and I love it. I love knowing I have Jacob in the palm of my hand. I love knowing I'm exciting him just as much as he excites me.

"Finish for me Mia." Jacob pants just as an erotic shock jolts through my body and I bite down hard on my lip as I reach climax. The dizzying mix of my intense orgasm and the adrenaline of getting caught leaves me exhausted.

When I eventually get my breath back, I pull my head forward and lock eyes with Jacob who may as well have his jaw on the floor. I laugh at his expression, before carefully leaving the hot tub.

"I thought I'd leave you with something to tie you over for a while." I say with a domineering look.
"Goodnight, Jacob."