CHAPTER FOUR | "enjoy your threesome"

chapter four | "enjoy your threesome"

༄༄༄

"Could have warned us sooner," said John B as Kie steered the boat out of there.

"We would have, except Pope was on the math team and Kie throws like a girl," Lenah replied. 

"I am a girl," said Kie as Lenah flashed a smile at her. When John B and JJ made it back to the boat, they both seemed a little rattled. Lenah wondered what they saw in the room.

"What'd you guys see?" She asked the boys, taking a seat next to Kie.

"The cops took everything like it was a crime scene," explained John B, running a finger through his hair.

"Did you guys find anything?" asked Kie. 

"Did we find anything? No, I don't think so. Oh, yeah, we did," said JJ, holding up some cash and a gun as he stood up. He showed it off proudly to the rest of the Pogues. Lenah never took JJ as the type of person who would steal from a crime scene when he knew he can go to jail for it. "What the hell?" Pope fussed.

"Dude, chill. Come on," reassured JJ, nearing Pope, the gun still in his hand.

"Why take that from a crime scene?" asked Pope with his hands on his head. He was losing his mind and Lenah didn't blame him.

"Better than cops having it."

"You serious?" Lenah asked. JJ should know better. 

"I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship," complained Pope. A minor with possession of a weapon was a serious offense. Imagine if the cops found out.

JJ hushed Pope as he put an arm around him. "At least you have us, right?" 

"I'm living the nightmare," Pope said, plopping next to John B.

~~~

The five Pogues arrived at the main docks and filed out of the HMS Pogue. For some reason, there was a huge gathering of teens on the docks. If there was a party, Lenah would've found out, so she didn't know why those people were there. Once they merged in with the group, Lenah noticed a woman caressing a dead man's body on a stretcher. 

"Who's that?" asked John B to a girl sitting next to him. 

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm," she replied and Lenah turned to her. "Check out this pic I got." She showed the Pogues a picture of the dead body in the marsh. The body was sickly pale and blue. The man seemed to be wearing a black t-shirt and black pants. He had a beard that was turning white with old age.

"What kind of boat did he have?" asked JJ to the girl.

"Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-White. Everyone's out looking for it."