My Letter

Angel,

You are the love of my life and the source to my happiness. No matter what I did, you supported me. We've shared some honest thoughts about each other and it made us stronger. Coming out to my parents at the age of 25 was super hard. You was with me to comfort me when I wasn't accepted from others.

I promised you that I was going to protect you with all my heart. I told you that all my life I spent with you. When you died, a part of me has left because I felt like I failed to keep you safe. I know you wouldn't want me to say that but this is how I feel.

I wanted to tell you so much. A lot has happened. I was afraid to tell you the bad things that was happening. Your light was so precious to me and I didn't want to do anything to blow it out. Remember that family you always wanted? I'm pregnant! How? Temptation has gotten the best of me and I want to tell you I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for breaking our relationship over some man who thinks nothing but himself.
I'm sorry for not being faithful to you.
I'm sorry for putting you in danger.
I'm sorry everything.
It's my fault....

These are all the things that's been bothering me. Every night, the knots in  my stomach was getting stronger and stronger.
It's time to put an end to this....I--

"Noel, as much as I want to keep this going; Our time here is up. Same time tomorrow guys?"

I am part of a group where we all just vent about our problems and find ways to resolve our issues. For a minute it was starting to work. After getting dismissed like that. It's time to find something else.

I grabbed my belongings and told everyone goodbye. I leave out the building to go to my car. As I am sitting in the car there was a tap on my window. I look over to see who it was and it was this lady in my group. Tan skin, blue eyes, and long red hair. She reminded me so much of Mary Jane. It was admirable.

"Hey! I just want to tell you I'm sorry that you have to go through that. I'm Sasha Maye."

She reach in to shake my hands.

"Noel Skye." I smiled

"It's still early, if you're not busy me and the girls are headed to this Italian restaurant up the street. I really want you to come with us. " she said

Make new friends and food? Why not?

"I love that...thank you." I said.

I start my car and begin following Sasha. She wasn't lying when she said down the street.

It's been a while since I went out. I was too busy working and going home. This felt so right. Every now and then I catch Sasha staring at me. It made me blush a little. Then I started to think about Angel. That smile quickly fade away. It was getting late and it was time for me to go.

"Sorry guys, I'd love to stay longer but I have to work in the morning. It was a pleasure meeting you guys. Thank you Sasha for everything."

They all hugged me. Sasha friends were very welcoming. I haven't felt this way in a long time.

"Let me walk you to  your car." Sasha said.

When I got in the car we exchanged numbers.

"Call me anytime." She smiled

I pulled of and was finally headed home. I get a call from Todd. Asking me where I was at. He has just got home from his 3 week honeymoon with his new husband. I hurried home going pass the speed limit hoping no cops was around.

Thankfully made it home he was sitting in his car waving at me as I pulled up.

"Girl I was waiting here for 30 mintues. Your neighbors kept looking outside the window to see if I was a burglar."

"I'm sorry. I had dinner with this girl in my group."

"3 weeks later and your already dating? You move pretty fast." He said

After realizing what he said I had to explain to him that it wasn't like that. He gave me a face.

"If that's what you think." He chuckled.

We sat on the couch and ate some ice cream and talk about our lives after death and marriage.

"So how are you handling this Skye?"

"I really miss my Angel." I said holding back the tears.

"If I stayed home or turned down that offer things would've been different. You know?" I continued.

Todd wrapped his arms around me in comfort. Todd never know what to do when I'm in this situation in my life. But I respect him for trying. There was a long pause. Then he ask a question that I have yet no answer.

"So are you going to tell Hannibal your pregnant?"

My heart dropped.

"I tried calling him, he didn't answer. I reached out to his receptionist. She told me he was on vacation. So I don't know. I wrote a letter. Its sitting on my table, waiting to be mailed off." I responded.

"Mmm just like a deadbeat." He said.

"I don't know what he is really. My cousin told me he has a feeling he might be obsessed with him. " I said eating my ice cream.

"Geesh! So he could possibly play both sides? Knowing him he probably got to you so he can get closer to Will." He said

"Don't know? Could be." I shrugged my shoulders.

I honestly did want anything to do with Hannibal. Saying his name makes me sink into the floor even more.

"For your sake, tell him or he'll find out on his own. I have a feeling he--"

His phone rings.

"Hey honey, what's up?....are you serious??? Ugh...be right there."

"Whats happened?" I said.

"Our new dog is tearing up the sofa. I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow." He hugged me.

I walked him out the door and watch him pull off. I sat back down and watch two more shows. My stomach was hurting so bad I went to the bathroom to throw up some more. I guess ice cream is out of the picture. I went in the kitchen to wash dishes and clean up. I only have 5 hrs left until I get ready to work. I went to my bedroom and wore my night gown and wore my bonnet then went to sleep.

What a dull day....

***********