Dragonets

A/N: pipsqueak0o0, I'm giving the credit to you even though you don't want it, because you did help me out with the names. Thanks to everyone else who has commented name ideas!

STARFLIGHT'S POV

Starflight looked at Sunny. The dragon he had loved for forever, (longer then Peril loved Clay if that's possible), was beside him, staring at 2, incredibly silent eggs, side by side, in the middle of their hut in the NightWing village in the Rainforest.

The eggs were positioned right under the massive skylight in theit hut - the middle of it - because Starflight insisted they be moonborn, so that at least one of them could live the dream Starflight had wanted when he was a dragonet, the NightWing powers.

Sunny got up and started pacing. "The eggs are due to hatch today, what do we do, I hope they're cute, aww they will be cute I know it...."

"Sunny, the moon hasn't fully risen. There's about a few minutes before the moonpower washes over these eggs, at exactly midnight," he assured her, and reached for some pieces of leftover chicken from dinner, to feed the little dragonets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some time had passed, Sunny was on the verge of sleeping, and Starflight felt a little drowsy too, when one of the eggs washed silver.

"This is it!" he said, lunging for the scroll 'NightWing Hatchings' and speed-read through the pages to find what was supposed to happen next.

"Ok, so now it's meant to hatch," he said, turning to look at the now silver egg, the scroll still clutched in his talons.

The silver egg splintered and cracked, and with a gasp from Sunny, a little dragonet tumbled out.

She had jet-black scales, more of a NightWing build, and the star sign Capricorn mapped out on her star-patterned wings. As she moved forward a bit, Starflight noticed she had a SandWing tail barb, a lighter shade of black than the rest of her scales.

The little dragonet turned to her siblings egg, and then back to her parents, a thoughtful look on her face. 

"You're Starflight," she said, pointing at him. "And you're Sunny. My parents." She turned to the other egg again, pressing her snout against it. "Hello little brother."

Sunny gasped. "You know who we are?! How?"

The dragonet (who Starflight decided to name Capricorn, after the pattern on her wings), turned to her mother. "Um... I looked? Into the future? And the past?"

"You have an enhanced gift of prophecy," Starflight murmured. "Most likely a direct descendant of Clearsight..."

Sunny gasped yet again. "The other egg! It's hatching!"

The other egg hadn't gone silver like Capricorn's, so the scroll was no use, so he sat and watched as Sunny and Capricorn fussed over it.

"Come out Heatwave, come on..." Capricorn was urging it.

"Heatwave?" Starflight questioned.

Capricorn sighed. "You end up naming him Heatwave."

Heatwave tumbled out of the egg, and stood up, looking around the hut. He had more of a SandWing build, with sandy scales tinged golden. His tail flicked back and forth, with a poison barb on the end. 

"Our family..." Sunny sighed with both happiness and a need for sleep. Hugging Starflight and her dragonets close, they all slept in a pile, right in the middle of the hut, under three full moons.