8.) Purple Clashes Green

C H A P T E R  E I G H T

PERCY

Let's just say I skipped going to the beach. I'm not exactly sure where I'm at but hopefully, that means no one else can find me. Don't get me wrong, I kind of feel bad for leaving my friends but I really don't want to talk to them. Especially not Nico. Why can't things just be easy for once and have him stay away from me?

I don't want to talk to him or be friends with him. I don't want to act as if everything was good between us or that we are the best of friends because we're not. We're never going to be.

But there's also that small part of me that wants to be his friend. A part of me that wants to just hang out and laugh like normal people do or just sit and talk. A part of me that wants to be with my mate.

I hate it. I don't want him as my mate because it would only get worse. Nico, he's a good person that I know from what Hazel told me and when we met. I hate that when he wants something I feel as if he should get it and that's stupid. I just want to live my life without a stupid mate.

The pack keeps trying to tell me that if I stop fighting the bond then I could learn to live with it but I don't want that. He wouldn't want to be friends if he found out everything. If he found out about me being a werewolf. Especially if he found out about what happened to Gabe. But I'm not going to think of that and instead I will drown in self-pity and hatred since I can't drown in my tears.

I wonder what mom would say if she found out about Nico. She'd probably tell me to talk to him and be happy. How can one person make someone happy? It doesn't make sense. How can one person change everything in your life and it somehow disappears?

Well, that's the total opposite for me. If anything my life has gotten worse since coming here. I think so anyway.

"Percy?" I hear a voice call from behind me and smile when I see Annabeth waving at me.

"Hey, Annabeth."

"What are you doing out here?" She frowned as she ran up to me. I shrug and continue walking with no destination in mind.

"I'm just thinking about how wacky people are," I told her and she grinned at me.

"I guess people can be wacky. Not everyone though. I was actually coming out here to talk to a non-wacky person."

"Really? Who?" Annabeth blushed and looked away, pointing at a tree. I frowned. Okay, so Annabeth enjoys meeting trees now.

I wait only a few more seconds until a girl with long brown hair walks up to us. I haven't seen her before so I don't know her name.

"Hey, Annabeth." She looks at me. "You're Percy, right? Annabeth told me about you." I nodded as I looked at Annabeth.

"Yeah, I'm Percy. Who are you?" The girl smiles and she takes out her hand.

"I'm Reyna, Annabeth's girlfriend." I raise an eyebrow as I shake her hand.

"You never told me about a girlfriend." I tease and poke Annabeth in the side, causing her to smack my hand.

"Sorry! It never came up."

I stare at her with a blank expression. "Sure, Annie. Sure." She glared at me but I looked back at Reyna with a smile.