𝘽𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙏𝙤 𝙃𝙖𝙬𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙨

(Season Three Episode One
Suzie, Do You Copy?)

"Can you shut up with that?" April rolled her eyes, tapping her finger against the steering wheel

Dustin glared at her, pausing on trying to get in contact with his friends. Then he smiled at her. He missed this. He missed her.

April moved to California to live with their dad, when being in Hawkins was to much for her. Of course she missed Dustin. He and April were so close, they weren't just siblings, they were best friends, no matter the age difference between them.

Being in Hawkins was hurting April, it was making her heart ache in pain. It was miserable here. Hawkins used to be her favorite place, her home, she hated going to see her dad in California so she never went. She loved her dad but she hated California. But then a couple years ago, everything changed.

Steve Harrington ruined it.

And so that school year after everything that happened with Will and the upside down, April took off, only speaking to the young kids, never once speaking to her old friends except for Robin Buckley.

Dustin continued on the walkie talkie again, not caring that April groaned with annoyance. "This is gold leader, returning to base. Do you copy? Over. This is gold leader, returning to base. Do you copy? Over. I repeat:this is gold leader, returning to base. Do you copy? Over. I repeat:this is goddamn gold leader--"

"Hey, gold leader!" April interrupted. "Language."

"I'm sorry." Dustin frowned.

April sighed, hating seeing her brother so down. Their mother was meant to pick Dustin up, but April decided she wanted to come back home before college. So she went to pick him up as a surprise and he was so excited for his sister to be with him again.

And now Dustin was sad because he thought his friends forgot about him coming home today.

"Everything will be okay, Dusty." April smiled at him. "We both will be okay."

Dustin never really knew why April left, just one day she packed up, telling her mom and Dustin that she was moving to California. It hurt, but he understood. Especially with the demogorgon.

He didnt know that his new best friend, Steve was the reason his sister left Hawkins.

"I'm in range. They should be answering." He leaned his head back with a sigh. "Do you think they forgot?"