"Different things"

Hello all! I'm Evie, nice to meet you☺️ I'm really excited to be co-writing with Leidy! My goal with my stories is to make you feel something; whether it's to bring you to tears, make you laugh, or giddy imagining what it would be like to have that experience. Hope you like it!
EvieRhodes2000
-Part 1-

I sighed as I entered my boyfriend's house; my mind buzzing with the information I just received. Daniel looked up and smiled from his place on the couch as I came to sit beside him.

"Hey," he said as he nuzzled me close to him, "how was your day?"

I hummed contentedly, reaching up to play with his hair.

"It was alright."

"Just alright?"

"Yeah."

"You okay Y/N?"

I tilted my head up to look at him.

"Hmm?"

"You sighed. Are you okay?" he asked, his eyes full of concern.

"Oh- yeah! I'm fine."

He gave me a look that said he didn't believe me.

"My sister called."

"Oh yeah? Which one? Hadley, Kira, or Lana?"

"Kira. She's... engaged."

"No way! That's great!"

"You really think that's great?"

"You don't think it's great?"

"Oh! No,no! I didn't mean that, it's just..."

I shifted a little anxiously next to him. This wasn't exactly a conversation I knew how to have with him.

"She's 19. I don't know... I just," I chuckled slightly, "I guess I just never thought she'd be getting married before me. I mean, she's five yeas younger than I am..."

Daniel chuckled lightly.

"That happens sometimes. But Connor seems like a great guy. That's really exciting."

I pulled away from him so I could look at him properly.

"So... you don't... so you think that it's great that they're getting married... but you don't ever feel, like I don't know..." I trailed off.

I took a deep breath before pushing ahead, knowing if we didn't have this conversation now, I'd never be able to bring myself to bring this up again.

"You don't ever feel like, maybe... we should get married?"

He gave me an amused look.

"No. You and I are two people who happen to be in love, but who happen not to be married."

"Do you ever want to get married?"

"Maybe. You know, sometime in the future." He pulled my legs into his lap.

"You don't think it's weird that we've been together for seven years, but we're not engaged?"

Daniel chuckled and drew circles on my calf.

"No, we're still so young, and my career is still taking off. I'd like to keep on as we are. What's wrong with how we are?"

"Nothing, I guess... I just..."

I looked down at my hands in my lap and back up at him.

"I want to get married. I'm ready for that. I want us to be able to have a life together, more than what we have. I want to come home to you, wake up next to you, make meals for you, eventually have a family with you. I want forever with you."

"I want that too, Y/N. But, that isn't going anywhere; we can still have all of that in the future. I don't get it. What's wrong with how we are now?" he asked, starting to get agitated.

I took his hand in mine and smiled softly. I didn't want to fight.

"Daniel, you know everything about me. The good and the bad, all the ugly parts I try to hide; you know me. You know if you want to marry me. We've been together so long, why not now?"

"I didn't know you wanted this. I didn't realize... I don't know... I guess I never realized this was something you wanted."

"I've always wanted this."

Daniel put his face in his hands.

"I don't get this, Y/N. We've been together so long. We're happy together. Why can't we continue like this? Where is this coming from?"

"From a place I haven't been willing to admit to myself. I haven't wanted to hold you back. I haven't wanted to seem demanding. And I haven't wanted to seem clingy. Or needy. Or psycho. Or whatever! So I haven't asked to have this conversation. But," I took a deep breath "but I have to ask... are you ever going to marry me?"

I didn't want to ask. I wasn't sure if I could handle the answer, but I also knew I couldn't keep pretending that there wasn't  a large part of me that wanted this. 

Daniel looked at me helplessly, struggling to find something to say.

I nod as I choke back tears.

"I love you, Daniel. I want to be with you," I say softly, and try to muster up the strength to say what I need to.

"We want different things," I whispered.

I got up from the couch and pressed a kiss to his head before moving to the door.

You will not cry. You will not cry. You will not break in front of him. Don't hurt him.

"Y/N--"

I didn't stop. I couldn't. I shut the door behind me and leaned against it, hand to my mouth as my body shook with noiseless, convulsive sobs. I willed the door to hold me up, as if it could hold me together as I fell apart.

*heyy guys it's leidy I'm going to be introducing some of my brand new co writers to this account!!! They're all so amazing and I'm grateful to have new people to share stories with!!! It's not to late to text me if you want to join in but everyone give a great warm welcome to Evie (GO FOLLOW HER RNNN)!!!❤️❤️❤️ love you all enjoy!!