Chapter 2

*6 months later*

"Peter, stop ignoring your alarm." Mr. Stark said as I picked up my phone. "I can see you're on your phone. Get up. You have school."

"Mr. Stark..." I whined. I had been getting used to life with Pepper and Tony, but they were both very strict. They hadn't been very hard on me lately because I was still in the process of grieving, and they hadn't made me go to school, but now they were starting to enforce the rules.

"Get up." Tony said in a matter-of-fact voice. I groaned and hung up the phone, climbing out of bed and heading to the elevator.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." Pepper greeted me as I plopped down at the kitchen table. With how fast my metabolism was, Tony and Pepper both made sure I ate three big meals a day and snacks in between. 

Mrs. Potts placed a stack of pancakes before me.

"I'm not really hungry, Mom." I whined. I had started calling Pepper "Mom" because the Stark's had signed the adoption forms, but I wasn't quite sure if I was comfortable calling Tony "Dad" yet.

"Peter, eat." She said sternly, and I picked up my fork and finished my plate. "Good boy." She joked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Any for me?" Tony asked, walking into the room and ruffling my hair.

"Of course." Pepper said, kissing him on the cheek. "Do you want to drive Pete to school?"

"I can walk." I said, blushing. It was kind of embarrassing when Tony took me to school. He drove really fast, and always blared music. And everyone knew who Iron Man was, so it was very easy to hide.

"No, Peter. It's too dangerous." Tony said. "I'll drive him." I rolled my eyes and headed to my room to get dressed.

I was surprised Pepper didn't call me out on rolling my eyes, but she probably just didn't see it. My behavior definitely hadn't been squeaky clean by any means, and I was kind of just waiting for one of them to snap.

I wanted to test them to see how far my limit was. Maybe that was wrong.

"Leaving in 10." Tony's voice said over the speakers in my room.

"Okay." I responded, brushing my teeth and fixing my hair as much as I could. It just looked messy no matter what I did. 

The Stark's had bought me new clothes and shoes behind my back after I said I didn't need any, so I did have a little more confidence. But there was no gel strong enough to hold my hair back.

Mr. Stark was already in the car waiting for me. I exited the elevator and hopped over the convertible's door, throwing my backpack in the back.

"Peter." Tony warned, giving my a stern look. "Don't do that."

Tony turned up the radio almost all the way as we rode. He was listening to 80's rock, as always. I blushed and sank down in my seat. 

He pulled carelessly into the drop off area, and I stepped out meekly.

"See you after school." Tony shouted over the music. I waved to him and found Ned in the crowd.

"Hey! I didn't know if you'd be here today or not." Ned said happily as we did our handshake.

"Mr. Stark made me." I groaned. 

"Oh boo-hoo. You had to leave your tower." Ned joked, and I punched him in the shoulder.

We made our way to class and sat in our seats. I rested my head on my hand and gazed out of the window, not staring at anything in particular. I thought about May, and that Mr. Stark was going to let me patrol tonight.

"Mr. Parker, are you going to answer my question or not?" The teacher's sharp voice called from the front of the room, snapping me out of my gaze. 

"Umm..." I stuttered.

"That's what I thought. You'll have to stay after school with me." She said sternly. I blushed and shrank down in my seat. Mr. Stark was not going to be happy.