With Me

Edge stepped quietly into the market, so few shadows crawling the streets and selling wears. Only those who have given up on the hunt were usually around, but he immediately noticed an increase of numbers and a lot less shops. There were actual scouts roaming the streets, dogs sniffing out smells and Undyne watching over them with her one good eye.

"Undyne." He barked, catching the guard's attention and leaving him ever curious at the glare he received. "What is going on here?"

"I could ask you where the hell have you been in kind!" Undyne stamped her foot and her eyes glared harder. "There was Life roaming these streets awhile ago and we believe he is still around, Asgore has put a price on its head."

Edge felt dread coil deep within his 'gut', his thoughts racing the span of half a second before drawing to a brick wall stop. "What makes you think they're around?"

"CAN'T YOU SMELL IT!" Undyne threw her hands up into the air. "The air reeks of its blood, if it was anywhere else but here we would be able to track it, but it isn't and the dogs are having trouble."

When Edge did take a good whiff of the air he was hit by that sickly sweet smell that Rus seemed to carry on him like a reef. Edge rolled the revelation over and sneered. "Then don't look with your noses." Undyne glared back at him and sneered right back.

"Wonderful idea, we'll do property inspections next, cause if we don't find Life by the end of the week Asgore will have all our head."

Edge almost reeled at that. "What, I thought we had till the end of the month."

"That was before Asgore learned Life was so close, he's cut the time limit because of it." Undyne glanced at the dogs and a Knight Knight who was trying to offer them money for their help. He would have better luck asking Muffet rather than a pack of loyal dogs. "I gotta go, find this before I'm on the dusting list."

Edge hurried back to his home, his home that would likely be searched in the next few days. The very house harbouring the thing that everyone seeks. Life.

-_-

"We need to get you out of here." Edge muttered as he walked into his bedroom and head straight for the closet. Rus watched him from his relaxed position on the bed. The room stunk of Edge himself, but there was that undertone of honey, of Rus. He needed to hide that better before Red returned, how Red didn't smell it before was a mystery, but Edge really didn't have the time to think that clearly about it.

"why's that?" Stretch drawled at he let his eyes fall closed.

"They know your here, put this on." Edge chucked the robe at him, hitting him square in the face and digging deeper for anything that might smell enough to cover Rus's scent.

"stars damnit." Edge didn't even bother turning as he heard the shuffle of clothing, it was Rus not a danger. Besides that fact it would be indecent of him to turn while he was changing to look at those pearly bones. "how do they know?"

"Your smell." Edge turned then glancing over Rus wearing one of his black robes, his smell still leaked through. Edge considered what could possibly enough to cover such a clouding scent before it hit him quite squarely in the skull. "Rus, what I'm about to give you to put on... theirs certain tradition that people will assume on, but it will get you to safety."

"i'll wear it." Rus nodded at him and Edge sighed. He unclasped his cloak and swung it from his shoulders. The smoky fabric rippled and and bright crimson interior glared at him and placed it over Rus's shoulders. The fabric was stark against his bones and grew so it swallowed most of his frame, onyx clap holding it together at the base of Rus's neck. Stars did it look great on him, so much so that Edge almost wanted to make the implications true.

"Follow me, do not speak and keep your hood down." Edge pulled his door open and lead Rus out only for the front door to open and his brother to step in. Red and him stared at each for a moment before Red's glowing eyes landed on Rus over his shoulder.

"'at the absolute fuckin' 'ell is 'is?" Edge glared at his brother, trying to remain composed and keep his brother from finding out. From using his little gremlin powers to read his thoughts.

"The reason I don't care anymore brother, my Shadow."