Horrible

Edge and Red sat at the kitchen table in a solemn silence. His brother picking at his teeth with a splinter of wood and Edge staring at his still burned hands. They were still waiting, waiting for their house check. They were resigned because even if nothing was found, which it wouldn't be, they would still die in two days. Red seeming convinced they wouldn't be, but he knew better.

Undyne didn't even knock as she barged in with the dogs, Red some how now having a smoke between his teeth. Undyne approaching them and staring with disbelief as the dogs went sniffing.

"Life is to be hunted and you two are just sitting here!" She shouted as Edge took the smoke his brother offered and placing it between his teeth.

"What's the point Undyne, you haven't found Life, what makes you think you'll find them in the next two day." Edge growled, huffing out smoke as his brother made rings in the air. Undyne waved away both angrily.

"So you rather die!" Undyne growled, her one eyed glare fierce. Edge just felt defeat as he leaned back in his chair.

"Every one dies Undyne, even Death and just like Life we always come back, not always as whole as before, but we come back." Suddenly Edge felt himself being jerked forward, his blackened hands on full display and he had to hide a wince when Undyne dug her claws into his wounds. His bones leaking black.

Red let out a growl as he stood up, but anything he was about to do was cut off as the dogs in the house let out a howl and Doggo was suddenly at Undyne's side with a roll of bandages.

"Found them in Edge's room." The dog wined slightly. Course he would, Edge made his job easier for his blindness. All the dogs were very loyal to him, but they were more loyal to the name of King. Gold was smeared across the top.

Undyne's eyes narrowed on him before she pressed the bandages into his arm. Smoke poured off his bones as they started to colour the same as his hands and it was seemingly all Undyne needed to know.

"Lock him up, for treason, and aiding Life." Her eyes then zeroed at the growling Red, but Edge gave a swift kick to Red's leg to shut him up. His brother only glared harder as they pulled Edge from the house and into the street. People gathering from the sound of the howl. Watching as he was lead away to his death.

-_-

The chains clinked around him as he shifted in his cell, his magic being sapped out of him making his bones pale and his body weak. Eyes fuzzy as he watched Undyne enter his cell once again, a swift kick to his side sending his head back.

"Ready to tell us where the little bud of sunshine is?" Undyne snarked as she used her foot to tilt Edge's head to look at her, marrow and dust trickling from his nasal. "Cause if not it's your own execution."

"I don't know." He breathed out and Undyne's light look turned wicked and her heel connected with his cheek hard enough to crack bone.

"Wrong answer." She turned and left him behind, cell closing behind her with a rusty clang.

He slumped to the ground and spit out a chunky wad of black marrow on to the floor. He was going to die any way, what was the difference if it was through execution or not bring the Kings his prize. Even centuries of of staying alive and being loyal wouldn't save his life from it.Only killing the king, and that was impossible. Would always be impossible.

-0-

Monsters had amassed in numbers, watching as he was knelt down on the stage and Undyne read off his crimes. Desert air ripping at his robes and stinging sand into his face. Monsters watched on with hate and violence, booing filling there air as they had been commended a break from their search to greet the King and watch the execution. Sad thing was they would all be dead in a few days time by the hands of their crazy king and wouldn't remember a thing when the waked.

The King stepped forward, a three pronged scythe standing at the ready as he face Edge and the crowd silenced.

"I saw better in you old friend, having never failed me before." The king steadied his weapon at Edge's neck. "To think such loyalty could fall into betrayal so easily, you will not be waking from this."

Ah so he wouldn't live again. He could die with that if it meant Rus was safe. He closed his eyes as Asgore dragged the weapon back and swung. Metal singing through the air along with the pleasant smell of honey. Yes he could die like this.