Chapter 1

~pov change (human/Lucas)~

I toss the board into the dumpster, turning and grabbing another. I hear a shout and turn and look curiously.
 "I've got a horse!" 
I rush over and sure enough a hoof and leg have been revealed under the rubble. People start to uncover the creature and we all work together to push back anything surrounding it. It's a black mare with several white markings on her face and legs. She has a swollen stomach showing she is in the later stages of a pregnancy. There are many scars across her coat, one that goes across her face and around her nose. She doesn't move and I hear someone in the background talking on the phone. I slowly step towards her and place my hand under her front leg against her chest. 
"Shes still alive!"
I stare at her shocked and several people come to place their hands where mine was a moment ago. Soon some police show up, along with animal control and an emergency vet. As the vet works I wander over to one of the animal control officers. 
"What will happen to her?"
I look at them as they glance from her to me. 
"She will most likely be put down, there is no one to claim her and the rescues in the area claim she is too far gone already."
I stare in shock for a moment before my mouth automatically mumbles "I'll take her."
They blink at me and then nod and shrug muttering a 'see what I can do' under their breath. My mind finally catches up and I walk slowly over to the mare on the ground, kneeling next to her. I cross my legs and sit, placing her head on my lap. I gently peel back her lips and see that she is maybe just 7 or 8 years old. The emergency vet yells and people hurry around and we all struggle to lift her onto a stretcher. We all take a handle and we move her into a trailer. I ask to go with them and they nod. I jump into the truck and wait impatiently for us to arrive at my chosen vets office.

~pov change(horse/Akeera)~

I wake up and spot a human in the corner asleep. I groan and roll up onto my side. Their eyes flutter for a second but fall closed again. I Ignore the human and get up with a wince. I shake myself off and yawn glancing at the human who is still sound asleep. I nibble the hay in the stall greedily and strike out with my back foot. It thuds against the wall, the human falling out of their seat. I snort at them in amusement going back to the hay. They get up taking slow steps over to me and placing a hand on my withers. I go to shy away but find a wall. I begin to panic a bit, panting and kicking at the walls, my eyes wide. I'm careful to not harm the human and start shaking a bit in fear when they fall. I press myself against the wall, still shaking bracing myself for punishment. There are a few people at the door with shocked, pity filled looks on their faces. The human in the stall with me is wide-eyed with a similar look, along with the addition of guilt. They take a step back leaving the stall. I relax a small bit and jump at the feeling of something running down my coat. I snort at the feeling going to scratch my hip. I pause looking at the steady drip of blood down my leg. I hear a click and glance up, my eyes going wide for a moment. The human has come back with something in hand. I press back against the wall, quivering. I wait for the first strike of the human half closing my eyes and pinning my ears bracing myself. I feel something slip over my face and freeze. My eyes go wide and I try to take a step back. The wall greets me instead and the human gives a soft bit of pressure on the head collar. I hesitate, following the human after a moment. There is a field with a few horses who whinny to me on the way by. I see a metal box and freeze. They open a few doors in the box, lighting it up. I feel a bit of pressure  on the head collar again and hesitantly step up into the box. The doors are closed and I glance out of the window. There is a jolt and we start moving, me pawing nervously every so often. It takes a while but we pull to a stop. When the door next to my head opens I flick my ears forward in interest. I shy away from the human as they grab and hook a lead to my head collar. They back me out of the box and lead me into a large barn. There are a bunch of other horses, mainly mares, who whinny to me on the way by. I'm parked in a stall next to a very round and short bay and a tall chestnut mare. The stall is huge, with enough room for me to lay comfortably and still have room. I yawn and raise my head as a human enters my new stall. They slowly make their way over to me and offer a hand out to me. I reach out and touch them, flicking my ears. I flinch when I touch them and gently touch them again when they don't move to hit me. They stay for hours, slowly getting me to trust them. I allow them to run their hand slowly around my face and neck. They begin to move to my body and slowly make their way to the bottom of it. They rub the bottom of my belly for a moment, brushing a hand against my udder to see how I react. I jump a bit, turning to look at them but I don't move. I put my ears forward and yawn. They brush their hand against my udder again hesitantly. I watch them as they gently touch my belly and udder. I watch them as they prod at my belly, curious as to what they are doing. They scratch my back a bit and mumble softly to me. They move back to my head and scratch my face, moving over to the wall and reaching up to mess with something. When they are satisfied they pat my face and leave for the night. I promptly lay down and start to doze off, letting sleep overtake me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Idk what to think bout this one.... Oh well enjoy

Cheers -bri