Chapter 2

I flick my tail and move my ears backwards. I toss the grain from my bucket with an angry flick of my head. I have been here for two months and have been learning to trust humans. I choose not to eat my breakfast instead tossing it all on the floor. I kick angrily at my belly and do a lap of the stall, moving to sulk in the corner. The humans give me a suspicious look though they move on seeing my empty bucket. When the time comes to be let outside I wait excitedly. I notice someone new approaching my door and I grow cautious. The small sign reading 'I bite' rattles against the door spooking me a little. They confidently come towards me and I shy away with a harsh flinch. They grumble something at me and try to recapture my head again. I flinch again and accidentally bump against their arm with my cheek. They hit my neck with the head collar with an angry shout. They approach me again and I flinch harshly, half closing my eyes and preparing to be struck again. Several muscles quiver in fear and they pause in a bit of guilty shock. Another human is outside my door speaking angrily to the one in my stall. The one in my stall steps out, hanging my head collar on my door. All the humans leave me be and I every so often kick angrily at my belly and turn my head to nudge my side. I paw in my hay, spreading it throughout my stall. I doze lightly until dinner where I toss my grain on the ground, taking only a few small nibbles. As soon as the human does the last check for the night I allow myself to relax and lay down. There's an ache in my side and I get back to my feet, suddenly afraid. I kick uncomfortably at my belly and flick my ears back. I let out a soft groan, turning to look at my belly. I give it a nudge and turn back around. I lay back down, flicking my ears back as there is a painful cramp. I roll, hoping to relieve myself of the pain. I hear footsteps and immediately stop, flicking my ears forward and lifting my head. I spot a human I have never seen before and flick my ears back getting to my feet. They scan their eyes over my sweaty body pausing for a moment and then hurrying off. A human approaches my door and I recognize them Instantly. They had been the one spending the most time with me recently. They enter the stall with a head collar in hand and slowly make their way over to me. They put it over my head and tug it gently. They hook a lead to my head collar at the door and then lead me through it. We wander into a small arena and walk slow circles. Every so often I will pause and kick at my stomach then continue walking. After a while I am feeling better and they lead me back into my stall. I yawn and back into the corner and fall asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Filler chapterrrr!
-bri