CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

-BENJI'S POV-

I had just dropped the kids off at the crib and now I was making my way to the hospital. Since Nia was the last person who saw Miko, I wanted answers. I literally was speeding on the freeway.

Once I made it, I parked and got out before meeting Polo at the door.

"Has she said anything yet?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Every time we ask her, she starts crying." Polo said and I sighed as we went up the elevator and got off on the 6th floor. I followed behind him before we made it to Nia's room.

Brandon was by her side on his phone as Nia just day dreamed.

"Nia." I spoke and she looked at me and I could tell she was about to start crying.

"Aht! Don't do that shit. Did you see Miko leave? Did them niggas come and get her?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I don't know. I passed out." She said as she wiped the tears that were coming from her eyes and I cursed under my breath.

"Did you recognize any of them?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No. But I feel like they work for Rosco." Nia said and Brandon stared at me.

"Was her phone there?" I asked Kel and he shook his head.

I felt as this was all my fault. I got her in this shit and now she gone. I began to pray to god that she was okay.

"Please find her. I feel like it's all my fault!" Nia said and I shook my head.

"Nah. You did what you had to do." I said as I left out the room. My phone began to ring as I walked to my truck. Answering the unknown number, I heard breathing on the other end.

"Wassup Benji." I heard that familiar voice.

"Man Rosco where my girl at? You on some bullshit for real!" I shouted as I got in my truck.

"Oh no. I advise you to watch what you say. I have her right here and nigga, you know how to choose em. This one a baddie." He said and I know he carried a smirk.

"Rosco i swear to god. If you touch her!" I said through gritted teeth.

"FUCK YOU BENJI! YOU KILLED MY SON! NOW IM SUPPOSED TO CARE ABOUT YO BITCH!" Rosco yelled through the phone.

"YOU ACT LIKE YOU AINT TAKE SHIT FROM ME! MAN IF YOU TOUCH HER, I SWEAR TO GOD!" I spat and the phone hung up. I through my phone before I rested my head on the seat.

"Fuck!" I spoke. If something bad was to happen to Miko, I don't know what I'll do. I finally found a girl that I think I'll be able to see in my future. Now that I'm taking shorty serious, some shit just had to come up and fuck it up.

I pulled off before driving to the crib. Once I pulled up, I saw one familiar car. I got out before walking inside and seeing my aunt.

My aunt is my dads sister

My aunt is my dads sister. She's the only adult I have left in my life but she lives in Atlanta.

"What you doing here Auntie?" I questioned as she embraced me in a hug.

"I was just stopping by. I had to come see y'all before I be to busy moving into my new house down here." She smiled and I nodded. I was glad she was gonna be back close to us.

"Benji.." she said giving me a side eye. My Aunt knew when something was wrong with me, and I kind of forgot about that special sense she had.

"Come on, talk to me." She said as she took me into the kitchen. I sat down at the bar and she sat beside me.

"Tell me. What's wrong?" She said and i sighed before shaking my head and resting my head in my hands.

"This situation is fucked up. I got my girl in some bullshit and I don't even think it's gonna end well." I said and she raised a brow.

"This girl better be serious why you stressing over her like this." My Aunt said and i stared at her blankly. Now she ain't even have to say that.

"She is serious. You can ask them. But for real, I got her in some shit. This shit is all my fault and now, she might not even make it out alive." I said frustratedly.

"You have to have faith boy. You gotta believe, not think all that negative shit you thinking." She said.

"Who is the nigga that took her?" She asked.

"Rosco." I said and she broke her neck at me.

"Oh hell no. Don't let that nigga get in your head Benjamin. He ain't shit and ain't worth shit. He just tryna fuck with yo mind. Lure you into his trap and you will not fall for it. I refuse to let you do that!" She said and she was right but I couldn't stop looking for Miko.

"Go and get some sleep, I'm taking the kids with me." She said as she pushed me out the kitchen. I don't even think I'm gonna be able to get any sleep with Miko on my mind but maybe a nap will calm me down because right now, I'm tight. Upset.