Chapter 2: friends?

Helllooooo
Yes this is a chapter.
Can anyone plz send me more drarry pics like these👆cuz I'm running out of them? Thanks. Muah
000000000000000

After welcoming the students, and the sorting ceremony, which Harry promptly tuned out, McGonagall stood up and said 'I'm pleased to welcome you to another year at Hogwarts! We're all well aware of the events that occurred last year, and I think we're all due a new, fresh start, but without forgetting those whom we've lost in the war. Please, a moment of silence for the fallen fifty, to every relative, student, friend and teacher we've lost,' there was a minute of silence and then McGonagall continued 'thank you. On a happier note, the extra table in the table of the hall is for the eighth years, the seventh years that missed a year of schooling due to the circumstances, you will be treated as one, without the house separation keeping you apart, I hope we can all go past our differences and try to create new relationships and fix broken bridges. I will not keep you for long, just be reminded that no magic is to performed in the corridors between classes, and the forbidden forest is out of bounds,' her eyes flickered to Harry, who grinned at her cheekily, noticing the fond twitch of her lips at that 'our new defense professor is Remus Lupin,' said man stood up, to be greeted by applause from the students, Harry's eyes lit up, he didn't know that! How come he hadn't noticed moony at the teacher's table when he first walked in? 'Eighth years are free to dress as they wish , as long as it's appropriate for polite company. Oh and, this is the first time in Hogwarts history, but the staff had agreed to extend the schooling years to ten instead of seven, there is much everyone had missed out and needed to learn before going out into the real world, something we hadn't realized until the wake up call from the war. Now, let the feast begin!' (A/n I know that was lame, sorry)

Harry caught up with Ron and hermione on what happened in the year after their departure, they had decided to take a break from everything and spend the time with their family.

hermione found her parents in Australia and restored their memories, explaining what happened, they had understood and the family spent the time bonding, hermione had healed and was as good as new.

Ron had spent the time in the burrow, restoring some order and normalcy, embracing what happened over time and healing the wounds the war had caused, also adjusting to the sudden increase in their financial income, now free to spend money as they wish without worrying about repercussions. The weasleys are a very close family, they strengthened their bond together and recovered from the traumatic experience (A/n Fred is alive, I couldn't kill him).

Harry had traveled the world with his family, eager to get away from Britain for a while, and finally living his life as the teenager he was always supposed to be, he had spent the best time of his life and he would forever remember that year. He had healed after a while, it had taken a lot of time, but with his family by his side, he began to feel safe again, becoming happier and more cheerful with a positive outlook on life. He had also come to understand a lot of things that he wouldn't have been able to explain before, like the fact that Dumbledore was using him as a weapon, with all the talk about caring about him, Harry knew his only worth in the man's eyes was a means to defeat voldy, he also knew that putting such a burden on a teenager is just cruel, and that Dumbledore could have ended the war a while ago, but instead chose to believe in a prophecy that has a possibility of happening, it could have been prevented, prophecies aren't always true, but Harry didn't know that, and Dumbledore took advantage of that. It had been a while before he could come to terms with the fact that Dumbledore had manipulated him into participating in the war, and that every encounter with Voldemort from first year could've been prevented if dumbles had wanted it to.

He sighed, this was getting him nowhere, the man was dead, Harry couldn't demand answers from him, even though he knew Dumbledore knew exactly what he was doing and had planned the whole thing out. He was glad they'll be receiving proper schooling from now on, the extra years are surely advanced magic that they'll use against possible enemies.