Chapter 11

Authors Note: Hope everyone is doing well. Im happily to say that Im officially done with College! I have graduate from one of the best HBCUs in the world. Next up is graduate school, but I have some time before that. Lastly, we have over than 300 reads! Im super happy about that. This has to be the fastest growing book I have created so far. Thank you for all of your support. I hope you enjoy this chapter. ( This chapter contains sexual content so please be aware and be over 18.)

Chapter 11:

Thryra:

Nightfall came quicker than expected. Or I was just blinded by the amount of Ale I had already consumed.

I think that may be enough for tonight. Bjorn said as he removed the cup from my hand.

People still danced in the great hall, as if this night would last forever.

Bjorn scooped me into his arms, and placed me into his lap. Surly I would have thought my eyes were deceiving me until I felt his hands in my hair.

My body tensed up as I was still not use to the overwhelming affection.

Just relax. He whispered into my ear.

Surly, he had drunk more than me but his body showed no effects from it.

Great, he was basically perfect at everything. I thought to myself.

My King. My Queen. A frim voice spoke before us.

A young man with dark hair and green eyes stood before us.

What is it Erik? Bjorn asked.

His voice held little to no emotion, but I could tell he held great respect for this man.

May people are wondering if the hunting ceremony will take place tonight? The full moon is at its highest tonight. The Gods must be really pleased.

Hunting Ceremony? I asked softly?

Erik eyes shot towards mine.

Uh, yes my lady. Its a traditional ceremony in Kattegat that takes place after a wedding.

I was always a great hunter back home; what are we exactly hunting for? I asked curiously.

Well its not that type of hunting my Lady. Its a small game between the couple.

Your husband will be the hunter as you are the prey. He said in a laughable manner.

Bjorn glanced at him and the smile he once held was gone.

Oh, was all I managed to gather out.

Maybe another time Bjorn said.

Who was I to break a tradition? I asked myself. Even though it made me feel better that Bjorn was willing to say no for me.

No, lets do it. I said.

Bjorn glanced at me with an raised eyebrow. Are you sure?

Was I sure? It wasnt like anything I had done before. Surely the weddings back home didnt have this type of tradition. Though we were all Danes we had different traditions.

I nodded my head not trusting my words.

I will find you quickly Thyra . The thought of you running away from me doesnt sit well. His voice was soft but firm in my ear.

If you believe so. I shot back. My own confidence surprised me.

I know so my love. He lifted me out of his lap as we walked towards the door.