Chapter 1 - Ronnie Anne

Dear diary,

My best friend (and crush) Lincoln Loud was one of the sweetest people on earth. Kind, caring, funny - Cute. He would do anything for his friend last and family, even if they wouldn't do the same for him. But, he went through hell and back, and, for the first time, I couldn't protect him fully. No matter how much I wanted to.

Life wasn't and still isn't easy for my white-haired friend. We were always close in some way, and now I deeply regret the way I treated him at first. Sloppy joes and pranks probably wasn't the best way to try to get his attention, because, even to this day, I feel like he still doesn't trust me. He's probably scared I'm gonna use his secrets against him, and honestly, I don't blame him - I wasn't very nice to him at first.

Recently, Lincoln's been acting strange. He hasn't been paying much attention in school (I've caught him daydreaming quite often), for a week he only wore his pajamas to school and in that same week his personal hygiene was horrible his hair wasn't brushed and he looked like he was covered in mud (I was really surprised the school didn't try to get involved), when I asked if he wanted to hang out he declined saying something about not wanting his "bad luck" to affect me. I don't know why he thought he was bad luck, luck isn't real, I knew something was up, and I wanted to help but he wouldn't let me. Lincoln stopped coming to school for a few days after he mentioned bad luck to me. I was scared I hurt him, and he wouldn't answer his phone, I just had to wait and hope I'd see him soon. Lincoln did return a few days ago, but he didn't wear his regular orange polo instead he wore an orange hoodie ( and it's the summer and it's not cold).

I went to the arcade with him yesterday, after a lot of begging, (there was a two for one deal)and when I asked what happened he didn't say much more - only that his family thought he was bad luck and that he proved he wasn't with a squirrel suit. I know he was leaving out something big. I know he wasn't okay. But, he won't tell me.

I hope I can help him. I love him. but, for now, I'll just have to be there when he needs me.

Bye for now.

Ronalda Anne Santiago