𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

The food was wonderful. I had never had such a sensation in my mouth before. It was perfect. Morgan must have noticed how much I was loving the food because he said, "Haven't you ever had McDonalds?"

"No," I admitted, "At my old boarding school we didn't get fast food."

"That's a shame."

"Yeah."

Throughout that week Morgan kept teaching me football and I was getting really good at it. Morgan, as team captain, got to pick what kids tried out. The problem was every single male student wanted to be on the football team. Morgan couldn't accept them all. Really short skinny kids would come up to him and ask him to be on the team and he would sigh and say,
"Sorry, but I can't let you try out. You'll get trampled." And pat them on the shoulder and we would walk away.

Finally, the day of tryouts came. I was standing in a line of 39 big guys. I would out play them all. I stood next to Morgan. Coach went through the line and checked off the attendance of everyone, approving of Morgan's choices. That was, until he got to me.

He stopped and looked at me, "You're in the wrong place, hun." He said really slowly.

"No, sir." I didn't look him in the eyes, I looked straight forward like I would if it was Madame and not some soft old man.

"Yes, honey, cheerleading tryouts are in the gym." Why was he speaking to me like I was stupid?

"No, sir." I repeated. "I am here to try out for football."

"What? No. Park! You accepted her?" He was outraged.

"Yeah, coach. She's actually really good. And very reliable. Give her a chance, you'll see what she can do." He crossed his arms.

"She's a girl. I don't care if she was their best cheerleader, we can't have a girl on the team!" Geez this dude was loud.

"With all do respect, sir. I looked at your records, and you could use all the help you can get." I saw Morgan face palm in my peripheral vision.

Coach exploded, "Get off my field! Get out of my face! Go back to whatever girly egg you hatched out of! I will not tolerate such ignorance in this game! This season will not be spoiled by some make up wearing girl!" He snapped his clip board and through a tantrum.

My only reaction was, "I've never worn make up in all my life."

He looked up at me with fire in his eyes, "Did you not hear me?! Get off my field! Or so help me, I don't care if your a girl, I will beat your butt until it's turned red!" I didn't flinch. I never flinch.

He swung half of his broken clipboard at me. I easily caught it and twisted his arm behind his back. He pleaded with me to let him go before I broke his arm. "Are you going to allow me to try out?" He nodded. "Are you going to judge me fairly?" He nodded again. I released him.

Tryouts begun with ten laps around the field which, judging by coaches smirk, he thought would knock me out immediately. I ran in pace with Morgan. "So you really don't wear make up?" He asked.

"That's right."

"Then your crazy beautiful." After he said that he ran ahead of me. I resisted a happy dance but not a smile. He was falling for me, my mission could be successful. After the ten laps a lot of the guys were diving for water or puking out their guts. I just stood there watching it. I hadn't even broke a sweat.

"Don't you need water, extreme?" Morgan's asked, gasping for air.

"Why would I need water? That was nothing." I said loud enough for coach to hear.