part twenty five

hannah's pov

i was patiently waiting at my house for jj to pick me up for midsummers. he was a few minutes late but i knew he absolutely dreaded that i was making him come with me so i didn't mind.

"your not seriously asking me to be your date to midsummers," jj whined.

"come on please," i pleaded. "i'm nervous, i won't know anyone there."

"ki will be there," he stated.

"yeah but she's bringing pope as a date so i'll just be third wheeling," i said.

"what? how come i don't know about this," he scoffed.

"please please please," i begged.

"i'm a pogue," he began, "pogue's don't go."

"okay did you literally not just listen to me two seconds ago when i told you pope was going," i said.

he just rolled his eyes and started to walk away. i didn't know anyway to convince him so i had to pull out my last card i could think of.

"jj.. henry's going to be there and-"

"fine," jj whipped around, "i'll go."

i smiled and clapped my hands together before walking around to press a quick kiss onto his lips.

"thank you," i said warmly.

brining me out of my memories was the sound of the doorbell ringing. i quickly put the second gold hoop into my earlobe and ran down the stairs.. well ran as best i could in heals.

i whipped the door open and literally audibly gasped at the sight in front of me. i'd never seen jj in anything more than shorts and a t-shirt and the fact that he was standing in front of me in a suit had left me in awe.

"well don't you clean up nice," i smiled at him.

"wow," he breathed out and i blushed as his eyes scanned my body. i was wearing a pink silk dress that hugged my curves in all the right places. it was a gift from aunt nadine, even though that woman is crazy she does have the greatest fashion sense.

"you look..." he trailed off, "wow."

i laughed at his boyish stupidity as he stood there gawking at me. i tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, sheepishly grinning.

"stop, you know it makes me nervous when you stare."

"can't help it," he smirked. i leaned in to peck the blonde on the lips but this obviously wasn't sufficient enough for him because he immediately grabbed my waist, pulling me towards him and reattached our lips.

"ready to go?" i asked, pulling away from the boy.

"can't we just stay here and drink beer in our fancy outfits," he whined.

"this will be the only midsummers i'll ever attend," i said, "we have to go."

the blonde frowned at my statement for two reasons. one, he came to the conclusion that he could not weasel his way out of the night; and two, this would be my only midsummers because i'm leaving at the end of the summer, and jj and i's fate was still up in the air for when that time came.

he extended his hand out to me and i placed mine in his as he lead me out to the jeep. i insisted i would be driving since this was a 'kook event.' he agreed even though i knew he would much rather be in the van.

once we got to the event, a half an hour late may i add, i realized why jj hadn't wanted to go in the first place. kiara really had been right when she labeled this as a fancy dress up party for rich people.