CHAPTER SIX

Juliet walks with Thomas and Minho in the abandoned building realizing that it once must've been a mall. In her opinion it's a bit sad to see everything so tore down, even parts of the ceiling were no longer there. She walks behind the boys showing her flashlight around her at all of the stuff that were there.

There was even a tent near her and she knew that people stayed in this building before, probably more than just a few and the thought of that they might still be there gave her the chills.

" Thomas?" Minho suddenly breaks the comfortable silence between the three of them.

Thomas glances over at him. " Yeah?"

" All those kids that were left behind back there. I don't want to end up like that." Minho admitted and Juliet didn't blame him.

She didn't want to end up like that either. " No one wants to end up like that." she mumbles, but Thomas heard her and glanced back at her. He quickly looked away when she glanced over at him wondering what he would say.

" Hey." he says, getting Thomas' attentionm and Thomas looked at him as he asked, " Do you hear me?"

Thomas nodded. " Yeah, I hear you."

" Good." Minho said. " Now, what are we looking for out here?"

" Signs of life. People. Survivors. Anyone who can help us." Thomas answered as Juliet looked over to see Minho looking at a skeleton that was sitting in a chair near a small table a few inches away from them.

" Does he count?" Minho asked as the three of them walk over to it. Juliet stands between Thomas and Minho as they shine their lights on the skeleton in the chair.

Juliet looked away, not being able to look at the skeleton anymore since it honestly gave her the creeps. There was a lamp besides the chair that Minho walked over to and turned the dial on the lamp that turned it on.

He looks at her and Thomas with wide eyes. " They had power."

The three of them share a look and then shine their lights to what looked like a power source which had a lot of chords going out of it that was near the tent.

They keep walking throughout the building until they find double doors. She stands a bit behind them as they open the doors and they walk to the room. She hated how the door squeaked behind them when she shut it closed.

She didn't know what this room was, but they followed the chords knowing that they must go to something and there were a ton of them in this room.

She turned around, shining her light on the fence blocking off an area that was in front of them that had a sign on it which said 'danger. high voltage.' What freaked her out the most was that she noticed there were multiple small stuffed animals attached to the bottom of the fence.

" All of this is a little creepy." Juliet admitted as she stands besides Thomas and he nods in agreement.

 " This looks promising." she heard Minho say.

The two of them looked over at him to see he was knelt by some sort of power generator. She bit her lower lip nervously as he flipped the switches on and turned the dial.

Thomas then looks over when he heard the rumble of the generator turning on. " Hey, Minho, wait!"

Juliet looks behind Minho as a trail of light was turned on and it was then she knew that was a very bad idea. Every light and probably anything that was connected to this generator turned on.

Minho looks happy as he turns around, but she watches as his face turns into horror in a split second which made her turn around just as he yelled, " Thomas, watch out!"

She watches as someone jumped at Thomas from the shadows behind the fence and Thomas immediately stepped backwards, bumping into Juliet by accident and gently grabbed onto her arm.

" Sorry." he sent her an apologetic smile as he stepped besides her. Butterflies formed in her stomach and she honestly didn't mind when he didn't let go.

" Get back, get back." Minho said, grabbing her other arm pulling her back a few inches and Thomas moved with them.

" By the way, that's what a Crank looks like." Juliet told them.

 " Oh." Minho said as he stared at the Crank with wide eyes. " That's good to know."

The three of them turned around right when they heard growling behind them and they saw a Crank coming out from the shadows.

The Crank moves towards them as they keep backing up. Minho picks up a metal bar nearby and hits the Crank with it whenever it was close to them. It falls to the ground as they move around it Thomas makes sure that Juliet stays behind them.

Juliet turns around when she hears more growling seeing a lot of more Cranks coming their way. " Okay, we have to leave. Like, right now!" she said, and the boys nodded in agreement.

Thomas is the first to run, but Juliet and Minho are close behind him as they head out the double doors they went in earlier. Once they make sure Juliet was behind them Thomas and Minho close the doors just in time as the Cranks runs up to them and bang against the doors Minho and Thomas are leaning against.

" Hold it down!" Minho suddenly yelled to him and Juliet which made her confused. But she moved towards the door that Minho was in front of and held it down while Thomas did the same with the other door.

" Minho, what are you doing?" Thomas asked as Minho went to get something.

Juliet and Thomas do their best to keep the doors close as the Cranks try to open it while they hear Minho let out a yell as he pushes over a tall cabinet.

" Watch out, watch out!" Minho tells them as it falls in front of the door. Thomas grabs Juliet's hands, running out of the way, pulling her along with him just as the cabinet hit the ground.

Juliet's heart continues to beat rapidly as the three of them stand in front of the now blocked door and she couldn't help the blush that formed on her face when she realized Thomas was still holding her hand.

Juliet turns around when she hears a faint screech, shining her flashlight at the far left corner noticing the Crank and she squeezed Thomas' hand which got his attention and he turned around looking at the Crank she was looking at.

The three of them shine their flashlights around them after they hear more screeches.

" Okay, go, go, go, go, go!" Minho yelled and the three of them took off running.

Juliet didn't want to, but she let go of Thomas' hand and she knew that was a good idea when he jumped over a box that was in his way and she was impressed that he continued to run.

Juliet runs between the two boys as they get near the escalators. Thomas made sure that Juliet was with him as they run up one escalator while Minho runs up the other.

" I probably should've said earlier that they're attracted to light!" Juliet spoke up.

Minho sighed. " Yeah, that would've been nice to know before I turned on the stupid lights!"

The three of them run up the rest of the escalator and run towards the area the rest of their friends were at.

A/N I honestly loved writing this chapter & I hope you guys enjoyed it! juliet & thomas are such cuties, I love them. also don't forget to check out some of my other books!