CHAPTER NINE

The group hesitantly follows Brenda inside the building, all of them looking around the place with awe that something like this was in the desert.

" Come on, keep up." Brenda got their attention. " Jorge wants to meet you."

Juliet raised an eyebrow, wondering who Jorge was and she wasn't so sure if she liked this place, it sort of gave her the creeps. She and the others walk up some stairs behind Brenda.

" Who's Jorge?" Thomas asks her.

She just looked back at him with a smile and continued walking as she replied with, " You'll see."

" No one's come out of the Scorch in a long time. You've just got him curious." Brenda said. She was quiet for a moment before she added, " And me too."

Juliet, who was walking besides Thomas and Teresa, held onto the straps of her backpack and bit her lower lip, not liking the guys who were following them.

" Am I the only one who's getting a bad feeling about this place?" Newt whispered after he glanced behind him, noticing some guys were following them.

" Nope, you are not." Juliet mumbled.

Thomas sent her a reassuring smile before he looked back at Newt. " Let's just hear him out. See what he has to say."

They follow Brenda up another flight of stairs that led them to a loft area. Juliet looked over to her right to see a man sitting at a desk working with something.

She stood behind Thomas and besides Teresa while Brenda sat down on a nearby couch." Jorge, they're here."

Juliet then realized the man, Jorge, was working with a radio and she could some voices over the staticky radio. As she looked around the loft area she saw it was filled with multiple supplies and instead of a wall it's a glass window.

She glanced behind them noticing a group of guys had followed them up there and were now standing off to the side, watching them. She immediately felt uncomfortable and also instinctively moved closer to Thomas whenever she noticed most of them had guns with them.

Jorge turned around as he put his hands on his hips. " Do you ever get the feeling the whole world is against you?"

The group shares a look while Jorge walks over to a nearby table. " Three questions. Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?"

Juliet and the others were silent, not really knowing what to say and honestly she was a bit afraid to say anything at the moment.

" Don't all answer at once." Jorge sarcastically said as he got himself a glass of water.

" We're headed for the mountains. Looking for the Right Arm." Thomas spoke up and Juliet was confused when everyone but them were chuckling as if that was funny.

" You're looking for ghosts, you mean." Jorge chuckles as he takes a sip of his drink. " Question number two."

He walks up to them before stopping a few feet in front of them. " Where did you come from?"

Once again the group was silent and Juliet wondered if Thomas was going to tell the truth. She saw that Thomas shared a look with Minho and they were silent for a moment before Minho said, " That's our business."

Jorge stares at them and then sighs as if he was disappointed. He then gestures forward with his shoulders and two men shove Minho and Thomas to their knees.

Juliet's eyes widened and went to try to help them get the men off, but stayed where she was, not wanting to find out what would happen to her if she tried to help them. She watched with worry and slight fear as Brenda brought over some kind of device.