waiting

Shawn's POV

I didn't know what I was expecting to happen after Camila broke up with his boyfriend and moved out from the apartment they were sharing, but it wasn't this.

I felt a bit disappointed, but embarrassed at the same time, because I had no reason to expect anything from her. As far as I knew, she had just fallen out of love with her boyfriend and I had nothing to do with that, so why was I here waiting for her to make a move?

God, Shawn, this is lame.

We went to bed together after a hot chat, but I didn't even try anything with her. It wasn't the right moment, I was well aware of that. Although it was impossible not to stare at her. There was something about girls wearing my hoodies that drove me absolutely crazy. She looked so cute and tiny in my clothes. Her eyes were a bit smaller and her cheeks had a pink color. From the alcohol, I assumed.

I thought she had fallen asleep right away that night, but maybe I was wrong and she noticed how I couldn't keep my eyes off her for a long time, because she left in a rush the next morning and now she was acting differently around me.

I didn't know if I should apologize. I wasn't sure if that was the reason for her behavior. What if I just play myself and ruin things even further? I sighed loudly and rubbed my eyes the minute I was left alone in the break room. I hadn't been this lost for a girl in a while and I didn't know how to act.

She went back to her desk and I tried to focus on work again. Stupidly enough, I missed making fun of her idiot boyfriend, now ex, because at least I had a excuse to talk to her. Now that I couldn't, I was going crazy thinking of other ways of starting conversation.

My game has never been this lame. Get it together, Mendes.

When I arrived home, I felt defeated. I needed to talk to someone, so I called my friend Brian.

"What's up, man?" he answered right away.

"Hi, man. I'm ok, how about you?"

"Everything's good",

"Hey, listen. I need your advice. Do you have time?"

"Of course. What's going on?"

"Ok, so... Do you remember Camila, the girl I invited to our night out a couple weeks ago?"

"Yeah... What about her?"

"I think I have a huge crush on her".

"Well that was obvious, my friend" he said chuckling.

"Shut up. No, it wasn't".

"Yes, it was. Although I remember she had a boyfriend".

"That's the thing. She broke up with him last week".

"Oh wow. Did you have anything to do with that?", he asked with an accusatory tone.

"Well not really, but he thinks she cheated on him with me".

"And she didn't...", he said doubtful.

"No, you idiot".

"Alright, calm down. I'm just checking. So what's the problem now?"

"I... I don't-".

"Shawn, she's single now. What are you waiting for?" he interrupted my stumble.

"I don't know if she's ready or if she even thinks of me that way".

"This might sound shocking, but... if you don't say anything to her, you won't have a chance to find out". He said with a stupid voice.

"I know that".