Chapter Four

---------------------------------
Sesshomaru's POV
---------------------------------
       As I enter the cave I see (y/n) lying on the ground still unconscious, her body gently illuminated by the late sun pouring into the cave aswell as a small fire a few feet away. I notice Rin, Jaken, and AhUh are no where to be seen but that was the least of my concerns right now. I walk over and set Kimura down a few feet away from the fire on the opposite side from where (y/n) was, careful not to wake her up. I then redirect my attention back to (y/n), I walked over to the right side of her body and kneeled down next to her. It seemed the majority of the her bleeding came from a gash in between her right shoulder and neck. It appears to have stopped bleeding but has not scabbed over yet. Observing the rest of her body there was no other major damage, her kimono was torn to an unfixable extent and she had random cuts and bruises that covered her body. With her demon blood those should heal in the matter of a day or two.
        I then gaze at her face. Her once pristine (s/c) skin was now covered in dust, dirt, bruises, scratches and dried blood. Her (h/c) stuck to the sides of her face and her fox ears also coated in blood. I stare at her gentle expression that makes it seem like she was just sleeping.
       'All of this for a foolish child, if she would of let go of Kimura she could have easily moved out of the way...' I look over at Kimura's resting form and notice that she is relatively unscathed from (y/n) protecting her. I look back at (y/n) and take my clawed finger to brush some of the hair out of her face.
       I felt something in my chest that I had never felt before as I look over her and I can't figure out what it is.
       'What are you doing to me (y/n)....?'
        I heard footsteps approaching the cave and I quickly turn my head only to see Jaken, Rin, and AhUn. I stand up silently has Jaken quietly approached me.
        "Here my lord.....this I believe was (y/n)'s sword...." he said holding up to me what could be barely recognized as a sword anymore. The blade was bent, chipped, and cracked and the hilt and pommel were beyond repair. I said nothing to Jaken as I grab the pieces from him. He looks down and walkes to the other side of the fire with AhUn. I look down to see now just Rin standing in front of me.
         She looked disheveled and upset as she looks up at me.
        "Lord Sesshomaru....is (y/n) going to be okay?" She asked in a hushed voice. I stood there in silence for a second.
        "She will be fine Rin." I replied back and in return Rin's face lights up alittle as she nods and walkes over to where everyone else was sitting.
        I turn of my heels to exit the cave and call out loud enough for atleast Jaken to hear me,
       "Stay here"
---------------------------------
*Time Skippp* (Ooo how fun)
---------------------------------
(Your POV)
         I feel myself slowly waking up. I feel a dull pain throughout my whole body and a shooting pain in my shoulder. I groan a bit while trying to open my eyes, blinking and squinting as they adjust to the light. After my eyes adjust I turn my head to see a small campfire next to me; behind the fire sat Jaken, Kimura, Rin and AhUn. They were all curled up sleeping soundly.
        'Where is Sesshomaru?' I thought as my eyes scanned the area of the cave.
I try sitting up but I felt a shooting pain radiate through my torso. I try and bite my lip to muffle my yells of pain but it didnt work as everyone seemed to get startled awake. I flop back on the ground groaning in pain. I hear footsteps rushing towards my general direction. I look up and see Rin and Kimura standing over me while Jaken was a couple feet behind them.
         "(Y/n) your awake!" Said Rin with a large smile.
         I return her a weak smile and I look over at Kimura who is standing next to her, looking down at the ground with tears in her eyes. I reach up and grab her hand gently,
         "Kimura are you okay?" I ask her with a slightly raspy but soft voice. She just looked at me with her sad water eyes and she just got on the and hugged me. She put her head against my chest and her hands clutched my torn kimono. Its hurt but seeing her this upset hurt more then just flesh wounds.
        "I'm so sorry miss (y/n) it is all my fault that you're hurt. If you didnt have to protect me you would have been fine. Then the bird grabbed me and Sesshomaru had to come save me and I am just a nuisance. I a......" said Kimura in one big breath through her tears.
       Then I quickly cut her off,
       "Kimura you have nothing to be sorry for. It was my choice to protect you and that is final. No one could have known that demon was going to try and attack us. Also I was distracted at that time and if I was more alert I could have saved both of us. So in reality it was my fault. Please dont be sad over this, I will heal in no time I promise." I explained to her as I stroke her hair with my clawed fingers.
        Her crying slows down to the occasional hiccup and sniffle. We just lie there in silence as I think to myself
         'So Sesshomaru protected Kimura...maybe he isnt as much of an ass as he makes himself out to be...'
         I look up at Rin.
       "Rin....where is Sesshomaru anyway?" I ask looking up in her direction.
       "I'm not sure. He came in to check on you then after talking to Jaken he left and told us to stay here." She said shrugging a bit but then I hear footsteps approaching the cave.

(Sorry for the short chapter, I have been busy with finals for the past two days :(  )