Chapter 2

Even though she thinks and acts like a childish person, she is not dumb about simple things like this. She knows that this candle is used recently because of the wet wax dripping beside the white candle.

"Is anyone really there?" asked Lyn while gripping the right hand of her doll using her left hand and while looking around the corners to know if there are really some people who live here.

"Show up!" she shouted after a minute of silence because she is getting impatient and she is weirded out at the same time.

A few minutes later, she still can't see someone. She went to the kitchen and saw that there were plates and pots that had not been washed. It is so noticeable that those plates and utensils have been here just now since the remaining residue on the plate has not yet dried. When she touched the pot, she also noticed that it was still quite hot. Obviously, there are still people really living here.

As Lyn looked closely at the dirt scattered here, she suddenly heard something above as if something had fallen so she followed it. She started to step one foot on the stairs and then she stepped her other foot. As she held the door knob, ready to turn it, she heard another movement inside a cabinet in the opposite direction. All of her attention went in the opposite direction where the cabinet was located. When she went close to it, she slowly pulled the handle of the cabinet to her so she could see what was inside of it. A small living creature went towards her and it barked while jumping.

"Don't touch him," someone said from the other side.

Lyn was shocked and she stopped what she was doing. She held her doll tightly because she didn't know if she's going to die here now.

A sprinkle of cold water rained upon her but it didn't get her wet because it is just a small amount of water. While Lyn's eyes were widely open because she was still shocked, her eyes became a little bit red and it became itchy. She was just staring at the strange living creature that is also shocked because of what happened.

"What are those for?" she asked politely while looking at the shiny floor and while caressing the hair of her doll.

"We don't know if you're already contaminated or not," he answered her question.

As Lyn gained all of her strength to look up at his eyes, she slowly changed her gaze and looked up while her eyebrows were all furrowed because of what he replied to her.

"My eyes are itchy," said Lyn while her eyes were squinting and it became worse.

The young man dropped his jaw as soon as he saw her burning eyes. He panicked and he immediately looked for a towel to wipe off the remains on her face. As he saw the white towel neatly folded on top of the cabinet where the dog was in earlier, he didn't hesitate to pick it up.

"Why didn't you close your eyes?" he asked Lyn while holding her chin to wipe it off.

"What's that thing that you sprayed on me?" she asked him back as she pushed him away from her because he was too close.

Even though the young man was pushed by her, he stood up and held her chin to wipe off the remains. He wiped the remains beside her left and right eyes and he checked if it is now completely clean.

"Don't you know about this thing called alcohol?" he asked her as he stood up from kneeling to rinse the towel thoroughly.

As soon as she could see him clearly, she was shocked because his hair is brighter than the sun as well as his skin. He can even reach the white ceiling without tiptoeing because he really looks so tall and massive.

He went into his room to wash his white towel and Lyn followed him while holding her doll because she doesn't even know where to go and she doesn't want to be with that strange looking creature that she found in the cabinet earlier. She feels like she is safe and she also feels like he is not a bad person.

"Childish," he whispered to himself as he saw Lyn walking closer to him while holding her ripped doll.

Lyn heard what he said even though she was still a little bit far away from her because his voice echoed in the bathroom since it is full of brittle tiles. She held her doll tightly and her eyebrows became furrowed again.

While he was busy washing his white towel, something hit his head and he looked down at the floor to know what was that thing that hit him. As soon as he saw it clearly, he flinched and his eyes were wide open. The face of the ripped doll has small droplets of dried blood and that's what makes it scarier.

"The face of that thing is terrifying," he said while looking at it with disgust on his face.

"Don't you dare say that to Dolly!" shouted Lyn to him while her eyebrows were furrowed and her fist ready to punch him like a 10 year-old-girl.

Because of her loud scream, the strange living creature quickly went into the room and that made Lyn jump on top of his bed.

"You even act like a child," he insulted her.

"Grow up," he continued as he walked out of the bathroom to hang the heavy towel on his balcony so it will dry up easily.

While the strange living creature was still barking at Lyn, he picked it up away from her and he went outside of his room so it would not bark again to her. He tied the leash beside the cabinet where Lyn first saw it.

"It's a dog," he said as soon as he felt the presence of Lyn. "Why do you look so afraid and disgusted at it like it's not a normal thing to you?"

"As far as I know, dogs are brown," said Lyn with confidence.

Lyn didn't even know that dogs can have different colors of fur because that is the only color that she saw on television and they never had a dog with curly fur before.

"I'm Enjo by the way and you are?," he asked her while he held out his right hand to her as soon as he stood up after tying the leash of her dog beside the cabinet.

"Uh Lyn?" she answered Enjo as she shakingly reached his hand.

Enjo noticed something was strange on Lyn's right hand so he raised her sleeves and he found out that there were scratches on it. He looked so worried and terrified because of it.