Chapter 3

The atmosphere was awkward but Lyn was saved by the bell because of the strange sound coming from downstairs. A loud thud echoed around the house and it sounded like someone fell over an obstacle. Lyn looked surprised and that loud thud made her flinch but Enjo was just shocked for a second but as soon as he realized about it, her face became normal and he went to the direction where the loud thud came from.

"What was that?" asked Lyn to him but he walked faster than her because of his massive height that no one will ever reach.

Lyn tried to walk down the aisle slowly and quietly because she was a little bit terrified to encounter something unusual. While they were walking, she tried to walk faster so she could catch up and she could hold his sleeves to stop him.

As soon as she held his sleeve, she grabbed it towards her so she could stop him from going to the trap. Enjo was pissed and he looked back and forth at her and at his sleeve where Lyn was holding.

"Let go," he simply said while squinting his eyes.

She tiptoed and whispered, "It might be a trap."

"Let go, you crazy childish weirdo," said Enjo as he firmly held Lyn's hand that was on his sleeve, then he let go of it after remembering that Lyn's wrist is sensitive.

He didn't feel any guilt but he was embarrassed so he left her there in the hallway and he started to walk faster. Every step he made, echoed around the house and Lyn was left there, confused because of what he did.

"Dolly, why is he acting like that?" she asked her doll while walking.

She felt sad because Enjo insulted her and it made her tear up. Lyn changed her direction and she was walking slowly while bowing her head because she doesn't want anyone to know even though as far as she knows, they are the only humans who live here in the town.

"Humans are cruel," whispered Lyn after wiping off her tears falling down on her cheeks and on her chin.

"Aren't you one of them?"

Lyn stopped wiping off her tears and she slowly looked up. The voice of that person is different. At first, Lyn thought that he was a woman because his crowning glory was longer than her and the color of his hair is deeper than the sea but as soon as she looked at his face clearly, she could see a manly feature. His voice is also deeper than how deep his hair color is.

"Benji, I told you not to do that-"

"Oh hey, brother!" greeted Benji to him so he could stop him from saying what Lyn shouldn't hear about it.

Both Benji and Enjo were just casually talking to each other about how Enjo met Lyn and about some topics that Lyn won't understand. Lyn was just observing and looking at them because they are both acting suspicious. Because she acts childish, she also thinks childish. Children love to explore and observe other people so that's how Lyn was doing.

"Stop staring at us, you little creep," said Enjo to her because he noticed that Lyn was looking at them for a long time and it made him awkward.

"Go home," continued Enjo.

"Enjo, don't be mean," he said and he stopped him while pushing him away from her.

Enjo's younger brother, Benji, told Lyn to wait for them and he pointed out the sofa where she could sit for a moment while waiting for them. They both went into the kitchen so they could have privacy because Benji had something to tell his brother. Benji hopped and sat on the counter, ready to tell his plans to him while Enjo was just staring at him boredly. Lyn doesn't even know why she followed Benji to sit on the couch even though Benji and Enjo are complete strangers to her. While Lyn was hesitating if she's going to sneak out or not, Enjo and Benji are talking far away from Lyn where she couldn't hear what they were saying.

"Of course, she also needs to know about the outside world!" shouted Benji to his brother because he couldn't control himself any longer.

"No, I'm not going to keep that childish weirdo," replied Enjo as he folded his arms on his chest and turned his back to him but Benji held his arm.

Because of what Benji and Enjo said, Lyn's attention went to them. They didn't even notice that Lyn went closer to the wall where she heard Benji and Enjo talking.

"I know you also don't care about her because you are just curious about humans," said Enjo to him.

Lyn's own conclusions clouded her thoughts because of everything she heard and she discovered. She replayed what happened earlier and she tried to remember anything and every detail to know what was going on.

"Hey Dolly, do you think they are one of them who killed Mama?" asked Lyn after going back to sit on a sofa so they wouldn't know that Lyn was eavesdropping to them.

Since Lyn was really desperate to know about them, she decided to roam around and explore while holding her doll because she might see information. She saw the notebook that she saw when she went in this house for the first time and she also saw the candle with different colors and designs but the wax is not wet unlike the first time she got in here.

After a minute of roaming around, she didn't find anything. It really looks like this isn't their real home and it seems like they are not the owners of this home. Lyn looked and observed closely to every detail in this house. Her attention went on the closed room that looked like there was something shining inside of it so she knelt and slowly tilted her head in order to see what's inside the strange room since curiosity is killing her.

"Okay, fine," said Enjo to him as they walked to go talk with Lyn in the living room.

Their voices became clearer and clearer so Lyn decided to quickly stand up and then she sat on the couch with her doll on her left side like nothing happened.

"We've got something to tell you, bestie!" started Benji as they both sat on the comfy couch, ready to talk with Lyn about it.

"Bestie?" confusingly asked Lyn with her eyebrows furrowed while looking at Benji.

"Yeah, as in best friend," replied Benji to her while wearing his awkward smile.

"Anyway, that's not the topic," continued Benji as he sat properly on the old couch.