Prologue: The Awakening

Red...What is this... Everywhere I turned my head there was the crimson stain of what I'm pretty sure was blood. 

Taking one step I felt a hot flash come over me. My legs gave out and I collapsed into the substance. Shaking, I stared at my hands - slowly making my eyes trail up my body.

A scream got lodged in my throat as I frantically tried to wipe off the grotesque sight from my arms, hands, and legs, but it wouldn't come off.

The world was shaking. The rest of my body crumbled to the floor as I began to convulse. I was having a panic attack. There was a light buzz in my head as my hands found their way to it only to be jolted awake moments later.

        As my eyes flew open; I stared at the scene in front of me. For the past few days I have been staying with my parents, but instead of being sound asleep in their bed - their bodies lay strewn in front of me.

Just like the nightmare: There was blood everywhere. All I could think was; How did this happen? and Who did this?.

Glancing around I caught a mirror with my eyes. My hands went numb and the color in my cheeks drained. My face was splattered with the same scarlet gore that covered the hallway. Trailing down my eyes stopped on my nightgown now dripping red. Did...I... I didn't even want to finish that thought.

The nightmare replayed as I fell to my knees, except this time the scream came flowing out of my mouth breaking the deadly silence that hung in the air.

        The scream wasn't the only difference from the nightmare. As the house grew silent again I broke down into hysterical crying. The tears began to wash away the blood that was caked and hardened on my face. My eyes, however, remained glued to the revolting person in the mirror.

The person who was now drenched in the blood of people she loved the most in the world. The person who, even now, held herself like a little girl did when she needed the comfort of her parents after awakening from a terrifying dream.

The darkness that filled the area around me in the mirror distorted and hands come out. One covering my eyes that were still overflowing with tears and the other around my waist. The hands hoisted me up and I began to struggle. To my dismay; my body was not able to move. As the hand over my eyes stiffened I felt reality slipped and my body going limp.

I could hear a whisper of something, but it just sounded like gibberish. In a few moments, without a single clue who this person was or even what gender they were, I was ripped from consciousness and thrown back into the darkness of my dreams.

Nightmares, once again, taking control of my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, this is my first story on wattpad and I just wanted to say...this novel is no where near a completed product. When I upload different parts there will definitely be editing later. There will be romance eventually, but I really want to set up the plot and introduce characters before I start making it all about romantic feelings...