Prolouge

"We have to be careful with this, the tension with Russia is higher than ever and one wrong move will spark a war."

"In that case should we be doing this sir?"

"Russia made it clear that if we tried anything funny then you and your team wouldn't be leaving the country. So go in, find the experimental weapon, and get the hell out."

"Sounds good, we'll move out immediately."

"Before you go, about that new guy, L/N was it?"

"Yes sir, what about him?"

"Make sure you tell him what hell he just willingly walked into."

"Will do."

Moscow, Russia
8:00 AM
Viper team Alpha
Pvt Y/N L/N
Objective: Locate and secure experimental U.S weapon codenamed silver bullet

"Hey L/N, catch."

He tossed me a Scar H and I stood up."

"We moving out?"

He nodded and I followed behind, when we walked outside it was freezing, plus we stood out, but then again Taylor said we're in a hostile environment so those should be the least of my concerns. We walked toward Snow who was leaning against the car we were given and when he saw us he tossed Taylor the keys.

"What's the status on our intel?" Snow asked as he got into the front passenger seat.

Taylor hopped into the driver's seat as I got into the back.

"You know Stalker likes to take his time, so we'll just have to wait." He put the keys into the ignition and left them there.

I put my hands together to keep warm and Snow noticed.

"Where are your gloves?"

You gave him a look that told him everything so he reached into the glovebox and gave you a pair.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it, we're a team, we look out for each other."

Minutes passed, the anticipation was killing me and I could tell Snow was starting to get restless. When Taylors radio turned on me and Snow both let out a sigh of relief.

"Took you long enough Stalker, what's the situation?"

"I got my sights on what they're carrying the weapon in, I'm sending coordinates, get over here before the start moving."

"Got it, get ready boys." He started the car and started driving towards Stalker's location.

Taylor slowed down as we got closer, we saw a bunch of men wearing casual outfits getting into a few suvs.

"Command we have the weapon in sight."

"Copy that Viper 1, remember if civilians are hurt during this operation we will pay the price."

"Copy that command, we'll be careful."

The vehicles started moving and Taylor followed, I looked around and saw a bunch of people.

"There are a lot of people here."

Snow was checking his gear as he turned around.

"Yeah we know, we just have to handle this as cleanly as possible."

We followed them for a few minutes before they noticed us and sped up. Taylor groaned and started chasing them.

"Stalker we've been made, what's your position?"

"I'm taking a detour, just make sure no one gets shot!"

"Copy that."

A few guys leaned out the windows and started shooting, Taylor broke one of the windows and started shooting, I did the same and helped Taylor take out the gunman.

"Nice shooting Y/N, you're better than I thought you would be."

I nodded and reloaded my gun, Taylor got beside one of the vehicles and started ramming them.

"Stalker where the hell are you!"

"On your left."

Me and Snow looked over and saw Stalker on a motorcycle, he used a makeshift ramp and went toward the center vehicle. He bailed off and used a parachute to make sure he didn't kill himself, the bike flew into the driver's side of the middle vehicle and crashed into a nearby parked car.

Snow shot the driver of the rear vehicle causing it to crash into the already wrecked middle vehicle. Stalker started shooting the front vehicle who had stopped but Stalker took out most of the people inside while Snow took care of the rest. Taylor got out and went toward the middle vehicle looking for the weapon while I just watched these guys work like clockwork. Taylor got back into the car and Stalker got into the back with me.

"Command we have the weapon, awaiting further orders, over."

"Were any civilians hurt Viper 1?"

"No, mission was accomplished quickly with no casualties."

"Excellent work Viper Team, your new orders are too meet with local Russian military and deliver the weapon."

"Are you sure we can trust them?"

"We don't have much of a choice Viper 1."

Taylor sighed and started driving.

"Copy that."

I finally got a good look at Stalker, he was wearing mostly black compared to our white and he was wearing a ballistic mask with black X and darkened lenses, something about him made me not want to talk to him. Snow looked over at Taylor, then at me.

"You should get acquainted." He faced forward and left me with Stalker.

It was completely silent until surprisingly Stalker spoke up.

"I'm not going to kill you, jeez man you look so defensive."

"Oh sorry, I guess it was just your gear."

"I get that a lot, Bryce Pierce."

"Y/N L/N."

"Nice to meet you, mind if I ask you something?"

"Not at all."

"Why the hell did you join at 29?"

Snow turned around and seemed interested.

"That's a good question, why did you?"

I didn't say anything for a few minutes, but I decided to give them the gist and not the full story.

"Well, I made a promise to someone, and this was the best way I could keep it."

Stalker leaned back into his seat and crossed his arms.
"I can respect that."

Snow didn't seem fully satisfied so he questioned further.
"A promise to who? A sweetheart?"

I saw no reason to lie.
"Yeah, but take out sweetheart."

"So it was a girl, let me guess she made you promise her you would help her in some way and this way you make the world safer for her to live in?"

"No, nowhere close, and if I told you the reason why I made a promise it would ruin your day."

My tone of voice seemed to tell Snow I was serious so he backed off and faced forward. I finally leaned back and waited out the ride to the local military base.

A/N: I know I have a few stories that I've been actively working on and I should probably finish one of them until I start this but I'm taking this as a chance to try something a bit different from what I usually do, I'm still working on my other stories so don't worry about those. Hope you have a nice day or night.

-Nøkk Main